Weird clutch issue on 197

Morning Chaps!

I'm having a bit of a weird issue with my clutch, sometimes the clutch doesn't depress/release fully and the clutch goes really low down...

It still works fine it's just low.

It seems to be resolved by taking it out of gear, pressing the clutch and then continuing as normal.

The clutch isn't stiff and seems "good", i never tend to have any problems driving and the biting point is fairly high so has anyone got any ideas? It only seems to happen during city driving.

Cheers,
Matt :chair:

Last edited:
Have you tried having the brake fluid refreshed and bleeding the brakes and clutch... they share the same fluid so if your going to bleed the clutch you might as well do the brakes at the same time!

Not really sure what else it could be unless the clutch or a related component is slowly on it's way out.

Any updates?
I've got a very similar issue, just had a mate look at it and he said slave or master cylinder.

The slave cylinder is a box off job he thinks,
But when looking behind the clutch pedal the master cylinder has a small amount of fluid on it so he thinks its worth doing that and bleeding it all up first

Any updates?
I've got a very similar issue, just had a mate look at it and he said slave or master cylinder.

The slave cylinder is a box off job he thinks,
But when looking behind the clutch pedal the master cylinder has a small amount of fluid on it so he thinks its worth doing that and bleeding it all up first

Try the fluid first, as you've said the slave is a sub frame off, box and clutch out job. Just had mine done (clutch + slave due to worn out slave), wasn't cheap even with friendly labour rates.

Unfortunately not, i'm due to drop it into a mates garage so he can swap my gearbox oil, going to get him to have a look then!

Checked the break/clutch oil and it's all at the max level but i'll get it bled when it goes in the garage.

I drove 100+ miles at the weekend, blasting through tunnels and throwing it round country roads without it happening, i think it's just when i'm dropping the clutch loads in traffic tbh.

"But when looking behind the clutch pedal the master cylinder has a small amount of fluid on it so he thinks its worth doing that and bleeding it all up first"

Will have to pass that info on to my mate !

Last edited: