manmr94

Paid Member
Hi, since few days ago my car has a weird sound in the engine. I attached a video sound. What is the problem?

If the engine mounts are new make sure the engine has not been tightened down with the engine rotated too far back the sound seems like two flats of metal touching you should be able to feel that by touching the area close to it to me it sounds like the manifold is knocking on the subframe or the wrong engine mounts are being used what was the last work or change done before the noise happened would it have been a timing belt. Check the lower pulley that the rubber has not gone off normally put the point of a screwdriver on the cam belt cover or whatever and the handle up to the ear to find the source of the noise. You can’t do that with the pulley but you can run the car without the Aux belt fitted if the noise goes away that’s the area to look at as well as the crank pulley it might be quiet as there is no load on it.

Reactions: manmr94
If the engine mounts are new make sure the engine has not been tightened down with the engine rotated too far back the sound seems like two flats of metal touching you should be able to feel that by touching the area close to it to me it sounds like the manifold is knocking on the subframe or the wrong engine mounts are being used what was the last work or change done before the noise happened would it have been a timing belt. Check the lower pulley that the rubber has not gone off normally put the point of a screwdriver on the cam belt cover or whatever and the handle up to the ear to find the source of the noise. You can’t do that with the pulley but you can run the car without the Aux belt fitted if the noise goes away that’s the area to look at as well as the crank pulley it might be quiet as there is no load on it.

The sound is alike second video so probably that is the problem.