washer pump query

hi all hope all is well, a few weeks ago my front washer jets stopped working, id filled the bottle up but when i tried them nothing happened.
oddly the rear one works though.... really daft question this and you can probably see it coming!

is the rear washer a separate pump? im assuming ive got a problem here as when i tried the front wipers there was seemigly no noise from the pump.
Many thanks for any advice,

stew

The washer pump is a single pump that can run two ways one for the rear and the they other way the front. A second pump is used when there are Xenon headlight jets. So it can be a faulty stalk or a faulty pump if you carefully give the pump 12V and it works then it should be the other problem.

Reactions: Stew
Hi Turkie172, brill thanks v much for the reply another job on the list then! ill check that out.
thanks again
stew

Can you hear the pump but get no fluid at the front? If that's the case, you could also have a split or disconnected hose. It runs in the drivers side wheel arch area and up under the bonnet. Should be easy to trace the hose and check for leaks.

I had a similar issue with mine and found that the female plug connections needed closing up a bit, they where not making good contact with the pins in the pump.

sorry chaps thanks for the replies, still havent had chance to sort this out! all sorts going on here but i shall hopefully get it done soon, cheers

stew