Washer jets failed (Not fuse, pump etc)

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help... I have a clio 200 and the washer jet pump has randomly stopped working.

I've just now replaced the pump (second hand unit so a small possibility of this also being faulty), and checked every fuse in the car just in case, still no joy.
As far as I can tell, the pump isn't actually making a noise when front or rear is activated in the car.

I can notice however a slight dimming of the interior lights when you pull the stalk to engage the wiper jets (front and rear).
I'm thinking this means the stalk is working as it's drawing power? Could this be the case, or could there be a fault with the stalk?
Is there a relay somewhere I need to look at replacing?

Thanks, T.

Hey Mate,

It actually turned out the replacement pump I bought was faulty too. I swapped it out for another new one from Euro Car Parts and it worked a charm. It's the same pump they use in multiple Renault's, Citroen's etc, so easy to get hold of one if you remove your current one for the part number. Easiest way is in though the wheel arch if you haven't taken it out already.

Great stuff thanks I took motor off and powered it up it work on 12 external power
But not in car tried all fuses ect ?
Thanks for your help