Vxr8

The holden/ford V8's are about the same.

Not really. The holden v8 is a large displacement motor which uses old skool OHV head design and 2 valves per cylinder. The aussie Ford V8 for the past 10 years has been a more modern smaller displacement DOHC design. The old Ford Boss v8 was a 5.4 litre and surprisingly wasnt as agile as the holden/gm offering. More recently Ford AU have dropped the new Coyote v8 from Ford USA into the falcon. This is a 5.0 engine both offered in NA and supercharger formats. I believe top spec trim is 335kw and a **** load of torque which betters the 325kw LS3 offered by holden.

We expect a new supercharged HSV engine next year offering up to 350kw though...

Jesus mate, don't say sh!t like that near an Aussie!!! :smiley:

They get a little touchy over the whole GM/Ford thing. :thumbup:

You would be surprised. The large car is dead in australia, the ford falcon will be pulled in the next couple of years i reckon. The commodore fares better but is dwindling in the sales charts. For the first time in 15 years, the toyota camry outsold the commodore just last month.

The only pride is still the v8 supercars which has primarily been between ford and holden for over 20 years. However next year, both mercedes and nissan will be competing

I meant they are both about the same performance wise.

If one gets faster than the other, the other retaliates next year.

They'll both get hustled by the clio in the twisties :smiley:

Didn't know MB were joining Supercars, that'll be good to see. :smile:

Its not a factory team though. SBR have been given approval by MB in Germany to use their name under license. They will be using a heavily modified and destroked version of the 6.3 V8, and Nissan will be using a Nissan Patrol V8, also heavily modified