Vxr8

I was just looking at cars around the £12000 mark and came across these! I can't beleve how much they've dropped in price! found a couple for £13000. I did a quick insurance quote (baring in mind I'm 24) with protected ncb £1200 and with out protecting them it was £980! I was hoping it would have been around the 5k mark to put me off... Has anyone had anything to do with these?

Haha I've read people getting upto 30mpg on a run and around 15 around town so not too different to my old 197 lol

I've only ever heard people say they aren't as fast as they should be, and that's from owners over on PHs.

A girl down the road from me has one as her daily (toy is a 911 930 Turbo)...

It looks very well built and it sounds brilliant. Not sure on running costs but can't imagine it being a great deal worse than a Clio to be honest.

I know there not that quick for a 400bhp v8. I think there 5ish secs to 60, in the real world the clio won't be far behind. I read a 1/4 mile time of about 13.5, which again isn't that quick! it's just a lot of car for the money when you look at used 200s and its got me thinking that's all

I know there not that quick for a 400bhp v8. I think there 5ish secs to 60, in the real world the clio won't be far behind. I read a 1/4 mile time of about 13.5, which again isn't that quick! it's just a lot of car for the money when you look at used 200s and its got me thinking that's all

Well yeh don't get me wrong I think they're pretty cool, would be great to have one of those along with a supply of cheap rear to go drifting :smiley:

Not for me, why not buy a proper wolf in sheeps clothing an E39 M5. Miles better all round, I miss ours so much, one car we should never have sold :worried:

Though with the money you save youll need keep it to the side for runing costs.

...there is a fella near me who runs one in Arden Blue...they look the biz with the duel Xenons and LED drls....sound nice too, but will date quickly I think....I doubt they will have any where near the fun factor of the Clio...more of a motorway cruiser...once you get over 70mph though you'll need to stop for fuel quite often....hence the low second hand value!

They're 6.0l NA I think. There's a company called Walkinshaw (?) that do superchargers for them and they also made a special edition called the Bathurst.

...I thought they are turbo charged?

Not over here they arent, unless its a tuning house special. The HSV VZ range (not the Monaro) came with the LS2 v8 which is an NA 6.0 putting out 297kw. After that the VE range came with an LS3 which is an NA 6.2 putting out 307kw. The latest HSV GTS also comes with the LS3 albeit tuned to 325kw.

The grandaddy of them all is the HSV W427 which uses the Corvette Z06 dry sumped LS7. This is a 7.0 NA v8 chucking out 377kw.

Walkinshaw are one of the major australian tuning houses offering various high performance v8 cars and upgrade packages. They are not a manufacturer though. They are famous for their supercharger kits for the GM LSx v8 engines here in aus

...I think I might be getting mixed up with an Insignia VXR.. the big Vauxhall Saloon....are those V6 turbo?

Yes they are, a 2.8 high feature alloytec engine. Engine is actually made here in Australia and shipped to europe to be fitted. Funny thing is, the Insignia is now sold here under the opel brand, and should the OPC models get released, it means the engine is coming all the way back here again LOL