Vibration through Pedals

sir_dave

Paid Member
Noticed that my recently purchased 197 Cup has quite a bit of vibration through the pedals. Not particularly noticeable at lower speeds, but from 60-85mph its pretty noticeable/irritating.

Similar to the feeling you get from unbalanced wheels, but there is no vibration through the steering wheel, just the pedals? Mostly accelerator and brake.

Has recently (within the last 1k) had the gearbox changed at Renault - prior to me buying it so i have no idea how it drove pre-box change.

Your help is appreciated.

Tracking will do that without affecting the steering wheel it's self.

Tracking is usually pulling/twitchy steering?

Personally if the gearbox has been out, I bet its related to that? Heat sheld, something not adjusted sitting right?

On my old 197 I got a rhythmical vibration at 60mph in the pedals only and it was tracking which is why I'm suggesting it.

Just checked, seems to do it in neutral as well, so could be engine/revs related - 60-85mph is 3-4k rpm so that figures ...

Am going to get new tyres shortly though, so will get the alignment checked as well!

Yes mate mine did it in natural as well and only at 60 mph and above.

do you mean rev it in neutral on the spot, or when moving, because i cant see it being tracking if its doing it while reving whilst not moving.

No get to 60 and put it in neutral and it still used to vibrate rhythmically.

Just the pedals not the steering wheel and if I let go it was dead straight with no drift!

do you mean rev it in neutral on the spot, or when moving, because i cant see it being tracking if its doing it while reving whilst not moving.

Yeah, on the spot, so less likely to be tracking related - although that does need doing as well ...

So yours does it sat still if you rev to say 3k around what would be 60-70 mark?

So yours does it sat still if you rev to say 3k around what would be 60-70 mark?

Yup, i first thought it only did it at 60-85mph (roughly 3-4k rpm in 6th), but then discovered it also does it at 3-4k rpm when stood still, in neutral.

Thinking it could be that Renault didnt put the engine mounts back together properly when doing the gearbox, etc?

Oh no! They are easy to check, says him who doesn't know how.

Ok it's not tracking then.