Varley redtop battery

Yiannis197

Paid Member
Hello people, as the title suggests, would you install such battery to an everyday car? Would it be able to cope? (stock sound system, A/C, HIDs, LEDs all around)

I know there are loads of types, 15, 20 30 etc with the 15 only weighing 5.4 kgs and being tiny. Your thoughts? Thanks

I have a 200 ff and have a varley 15 and had no prob's at all in fact i think they are a bit more powerfull than standard.:thumbup1:

Really? Good to hear Mark. I think the stock battery is around 50 ah and the varley 15 is...well 15ah hence my reluctance/hesitation to go for it.

Have you got it installed in the engine bay or somewhere else? (boot, below seat etc)

No worries mate thanks for the pic. I can't see anything go wrong then, I'll def go for it. It seems a winner to me because as you said it frees up lot of space which is quite important given that everything is totally squeezed in the engine bay.

Off topic but did you see any gains with the new induction?

Last edited:
No worries mate thanks for the pic. I can't see anything go wrong then, I'll def go for it. It's seems a winner to me because as you said it frees up lot of space which is quite important given that everything is totally squeezed in the engine bay.

Off topic but did you see any gains with the new induction?
well be going to RS tuning soon so will see,it dose pull low down a lot better:thumbup1:

I've got one to go on mine when i fit the V6 airbox and was glad to hear litchy say on saturday that he's had no problems since fitting his (in the boot).

I've got one to go on mine when i fit the V6 airbox and was glad to hear litchy say on saturday that he's had no problems since fitting his (in the boot).

good stuff. I'll be probably fitting mine below the seat. good feedback guys cheers

Willis has got an Odessey battery in his boot, cheaper than a Varley and a lot better apparently

Indeed, it's an Odyssey PC680. £100 delivered.

Same exact dimensions as a Varley 25 but with more kick so I'm told. :smile:

Hi mark what's the diameter of the samco hose you fitted mate?
[MENTION=2929]smoggy mark[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator: