Which lightweight battery? pc680 v varley red top 25??

DRaider

Gold Member
I am going to be buying a smaller, lightweight battery to aid fitment of my ITG MAXOGEN, just wondering what people's reccomendations are on race Batteries.

I've browsed the forum and narrowed it down to:
Varley red top 15
Varley red top 25
Odyssey PC680

Am I right in saying the PC680 and the red top 25 are identical batteries?

Will be fitted to my Clio 200 and will be running mostly daily use (lights, radio, heaters, wipers etc..)

Will these batteries be adequate for the Clio 200?

What would people reccomend?

Thanks in advance

You might find you're better off with a redtop 30 in one of these cars mate.
I've read that people run the red top 25s, and some people even run the red top 15s!
There's just no definate answer on any other threads so thought I'd create a new one.

Why the red top 30?

I've been running a pc680 in the boot of my 200 for 2 years with no problems at all. I try not to leave the ignition, lights and heater on when the engine isn't running. I can't see any reasons not to use one also the weight saving is a lot compared to the standard battery

Reactions: Sean197
I've been running a pc680 in the boot of my 200 for 2 years with no problems at all. I try not to leave the ignition, lights and heater on when the engine isn't running. I can't see any reasons not to use one also the weight saving is a lot compared to the standard battery
That's great to know! They are on offer at the moment too at £80 posted! :smiley:

So you have this battery on your daily? Has it ever drained/ gone flat?

Thanks

I've read that people run the red top 25s, and some people even run the red top 15s!
There's just no definate answer on any other threads so thought I'd create a new one.

Why the red top 30?
Sorry mate I was forgetting the alternator output as I've come from a 172 cup.

That's great to know! They are on offer at the moment too at £80 posted! :smiley:

So you have this battery on your daily? Has it ever drained/ gone flat?

Thanks
I wouldn't call my clio a daily I only use it a few times at weekend's really, and no its never gone flat even in really cold weather even after 2 weeks of not being used once

Reactions: DRaider and Sean197
I wouldn't call my clio a daily I only use it a few times at weekend's really, and no its never gone flat even in really cold weather even after 2 weeks of not being used once

Good to know as I want one to make it easier to mount the air filter closer to the front of the engine bay, and mine is a daily.