Various pics of my C3RS "Sport Auto Edition"

The one on the right in the second photo of post #3 is wrapped. You can barely make out a difference. Only under certain light conditions you'll notice that the paint has a little more "play" and is changing more. It can actually go from greenish to purple.

That's put together from various shots of my car under different light conditions.

SBzxQNN.jpg

-----

About six years ago...

XGTEXEI - Imgur.jpg

...today.

6877PMw.jpg

Last edited:
Met with @RSevo201 today to get his opinion about my new setup. Got approved by him so far. He asked me if we could also collect his car from the detailer. No problem but let's drive my "local track" before. While he was still behind the wheel and we were turning at a T-junction I spotted something colourful in the corner of my eye. Told him to look back. He goes nuts and says take some photos. I took some photos without really knowing what's going on.

SNV15591.jpg

SNV15592.jpg

SNV15593.jpg

He stopps at the next bus stop and the thing stopps next to us.

SNV15594.jpg

Tried to communicate but wasn't really possible because the thing was too loud.

SNV15595.jpg

The thing takes off again. Was a full-blown rally Evo with anti-lag, sequential box and on slicks.

Then we went on to collect his car.

SNV15600.jpg

SNV15608.jpg

SNV15609.jpg

On the parking lot I noticed that my front right is rubbing. :cry:

To chear me up a little he did let me drive his tracktoy. Completely different car with the setup he runs and all the Gucci like the CAE shifter.

I'm back from our joruney to the 11th Renault Sport & Alpine Meeting in Aix les Bains, France.

Here's a shot of my car on the Col de la Forclaz which was the goal of the first tour.

128.jpg

Got some signatures from Jean Ragnotti in/on my Clio now.

jeannot_01.jpg

jeannot_02.jpg

jeannot_03.jpg

Here's a link to an album with my photos from the visit. I took over 180.

Warning: Viewing the following photos may cause dislocated jaws and gasping!

11e Rassemblement Renault Sport & Alpine 2023 - Aix les Bains, France

:sunglasses:

Did some "free driving" at our local track with @RSevo201 and a buddy with his Meglio yesterday.

SNV16036.jpg

There also was a larger delegation of the local Hyundai N Division present but they didn't really wanted to play with us after they realised what they were dealing with. I also overtook a GR Yaris which "let lose" because he presumably got demoralized after RSevo201 blew by him. Was a fun day and also got the pleasure to get a passenger stint in the nearly finished M3RS Meglio swap.

Cherry Blossom (Sakura) on the "Mauerweg" (Wall path) in Berlin.

sakura_01.jpg

Background story: In 1990, out of joy over the reunification of Germany, the Japanes television station TV-Asahi called for a fundraising campaign to collect money for the planting of Japanese cherry trees in Germany. Enough donations were raised for over 9.000 trees, a large proportion of them went to Berlin.

On an other note. It's quite difficult to find tires for my rim size here. The only two choices for something more sporty and also road legal here at this point were Federal 595 RS-Pro or Michelin Cup 2. The first were sold out and can't be ordered anymore which ment I had to go for the Cup 2. They cost an arm and a leg in 215/40 R18. I'll put them on the second set of Interlagos rims that I've laying around since quite some time after these get repainted (powder coated).

Thanks. It was a hazzle to get it like that. I really loved the look with the 20mm spacers all around like in the pics on top of the page but that was undrivable as it was rubbing like crazy in the front. It actually felt more planted with the wider front but the turn-in wasn't that great compared to before (without spacers) and what it is now. I'm currently running 7mm in the front and also raised it about a 1cm again which works much better.

Reactions: Sean197
I was at the Renault Sport & Alpine meeting in France last week. The days before the departure were quite unnerving mildly put. My Clio was booked in for the 12 year inspection a week before the departure. It got the whole belt package with all pulleys, new dephaser and so on. Basically everything except new spark plugs. It was planned to have the car at my local private Renault dealership for a full week before the one of the journey but I only got it back on tuesday the week after. To my surprise the dealership had changed the wishbones and tie rods without contacting me before.

This was not pre-decided and agreed on from my side. They also didn't communicated the delay to me so I went there on friday and was already mildly pissed at them after I got the message. I asked them to show me the old wishbones and rods to find out if it really was necessary to change them. I had done a extended tour with one of my Clio brothers here just two weeks before on which he also was behind the wheel. Both of us hadn't noticed anything that would have made a change necessary in our opinions. The owner of the dealership then stuck the ball-joints of the wishbones and rods into a vice and wanted to try to convince me that they were shot by jerking them around which actually wasn't convincing at all. I got a free loaner E-Twingo for the weekend and left the premise shaking my head.

When I called them on Tuesday to pick-up the car the owner told me the wishbones and rods would cost me an other 800,- € additionally to the already hefty price for the inspection. When I arrived he told me that he had miscalculated the price and it actually were 1.400,- € but he would kindly subtract 200,- €. I exploded and told him he must be nuts. I told him that it legally isn't allowed to go 20% over the before agreed quote and calculation and that I'm not willing to pay that much for the work. I finally gave him 500,- € (which is about what the cost of the parts) and told him that we're going to part ways because of the whole situation and the lost trust into his company.

Unfortunately the story doesn't ends here. On Wednesday I somehow had the feeling that something wrong. It wasn't something concrete but my 6th sense was tingeling so I called the father of an other Clio brother who has a garage for British classic cars like Rolly Royces, Jaguars and MGs. He was so kind to make room on a ramp and took a closer look. What he found was shocking. The car was massively leaking oil from the timing belt cover. It was so bad that oil was already dripping down on the right side of the traverse member. He suspected it came from a seal somewhere behind the cover.

I drove the car back to the dealership which had just done the inspection and told the owner to get this issue in order ASAP as I plan to drive to France on Thursday. He obviously wasn't happy to see me again but assured me that they would take care and work as fast as possible, To my relieve he told me the car will be ready in the early afternoon when I called him on Thursday. Turns out they hadn't changed the shaft seal from the dephaser and that's were the oil was leaking from. Fortunately this only delayed my departure by a couple of hours and I arrived at the home of an other Clio brother in the Black Forest where I was having a stopover late at night.

During the inspection by the father of my friend we had also discovered two other things that I still need to sort out with the garage. When I got the car back the first time I noticed that the sticker for the belt change was wrapped around the metal sheet where the upper torque arm is mounted to the chassis. I told the owner of the garage on Thursday that I want this removed and want a new one put on the inside of the hood instead. We already were suspicious of how the first sticker was placed. It turned out the garage had scratched the paint with a wrench or so and the sticker got put there to cover this up. Additionally I discovered that a hose for the A/C had bitemarks from a marten which weren't there before. It's not leaking but you can see the marks from the teeth on the rubber part near to the radiator. I just told the owner that we'll have to chat about this when I'm back.

So, that's the story from before the journey.

Here's a photo from the Autobahn car park where we met up with the Clios of the other participants. There also was a Twingo RS owner but he was late.

001.jpg

We actually got lucky with the weather as it wasn't as worse as forecasted. We only had some rain at the admission on saturday morning, during the night from saturday to sunday and a massive storm with some hail on sunday evening when the meeting was already done. For the main part it was really good weather and I even got a slight sunburn. The rain on saturday transported a lot of sand with it so I had half of the Sahara on my car.

sahara.jpg

Here's a shot with the whole German delegation.

006.jpg

Here's the link to my album from the meeting with over 100 photos.

12e Rassemblement Renault Sport & Alpine 2024

Last edited:
The sounds like awful service from a Renault dealer. In the UK I wouldn't bother to take my Ciio to a Renault dealer as they would probably charge very high prices to get staff who are not familiar with a Clio 200 to complete maintenance work.

I was at this garage for six years and didn't had any real problems so far. The prices were of course higher than with a "free" garage but I always negotiated a rebate or got fixed prices. Which was somehow acceptable because it's in the close vincinity. The owner also has a Clio 2 RS which he's using for slalom races and is currently building a 197 Meglio for the same purpose. They also have customers with Williams and various other RS cars. So they aren't completely clueless when it comes to that topic. But what happend now put the nail into the coffing so to say.

Was at the garage from the father of my Clio brother for an "after battle check" today. The car is still pissing oil. It's back at the garage which did the inspection again. :rage:

• Angry
Reactions: Sean197