V6 Airbox or KTEC induction kit?

What's the best and what will benefit me the most. Looking to get a remap and wanted to know what will be of the greater benefit to me... Any ideas?

V6 is the best...

Although your not going to get a lot out of it..

A lot more effort required to get it to fit properly though..

Last edited:
To me the V6 airbox was hard to get a hold of and required a lot more work and money to get it fitted. So I went with the KTEC. It is loud but I love it. Up to 2k rpm you get a lovely deep noise then to about 4.5k the exhaust note comes back in then after that it is all induction roar. I wouldn't say there are any gains with it unless you get a remap.

No more effort than the ktec one really. I had a v6 box so my preference lays there.

Is there even much difference with either of them on? And with the remap? Am I best of saving my money and just getting it mapped?

On going debate this one and can only speak from my own experiences. The work and the expense does not equate to the power. RST rollers proved that. All the usual bolt on mods equate to 5-6bhp on an healthy engine. Not many 197/200 see more that 205bhp on sensible rollers which common sense will tell you is about right on NA.

How it makes you feel is different. 'Bum' rollers, feels a bit more torquier and I love the sound. I'd go for the Ktec though, easier to fit, looks better in my opinion and sounds just as good.....

I recommend a remap, just to make sure everything is what it should be, seen some tired 197's only make 170 - 185bhp.

Last edited:
I'm on Litchy on this one, no gains with either just extra sound (more with Ktec as it's an open). Maybe you get a placebo as the sound is much meatier but just for the sake of sound alone I wouldn't go into relocating batteries etc which is required with the V6 airbox. Up to their own though..

I'm on Litchy on this one, no gains with either just extra sound (more with Ktec as it's an open). Maybe you get a placebo as the sound is much meatier but just for the sake of sound alone I wouldn't go into relocating batteries etc which is required with the V6 airbox. Up to their own though..

Exactly this. Definite placebo with the KTEC sound as it is a big change. But it only takes 1 hour to fit yourself. Only mod so far that gave me a noticeable power difference off the bat was the Akra Evo. Saying all this, if I was going to go and really chase numbers and performance I would get the V6. Depends how serious you want to go?