Used Tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.

160dmb

Paid Member
I have a set of tyres on my Clio which I inherited when I bought it, and they are being changed next week.

I wanted to know if they were worth anything before I decide to bring them home or leave them at the tyre depot next Friday.

All 215/45 R17 91W. There are 2x Deestone dated 2317, and 2x Road Fit SK10 dated 1520.

I have no idea how much such things are worth and can measure tread depths if anyone is interested but they are all good and the car drives fine on them, I just have Toyo's for track and PS4 being fitted for road/wet so these will be surplus.

I am based near Stansted airport (CM23) for collection. I will start the pricing at £100 for all 4 but will listen to any incoming bids before deciding if I should just leave them at Costco Stevenage on Friday 1st April - no April Fools here :smile:

Thanks
David

I'd bet the 2017s are toast regardless of tread depth. Do you se any evidence of dry rot / cracking on the rubber anywhere?

Shove them on eBay, someone might be interested if running a car on a budget. I’d set your expectations low. You might get a few beers out of it.

Car valeted at the weekend so I checked all 4 tyres for cracking as suggested. All are clear - no cracking to be seen - so all good there but as there has been little / no interest I suspect they will be left at Costco on Friday. Shout if anyone has any use before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.