Urgent brake knowledge required.

sorry to be a tard but I'm changing the front pads on the R27 and was wondering if you need to remove the caliper to get the pads out?

The pins slipped out with no fuss and looking at the caliper I had hopped the pads would just pull out?

I'd just whip the caliper off but I lack the mahoosive allen key required.

No, the Pads should come out now.

They do have a tendency to stick in the Caliper though so you might need to do some swearing.

You don't need too remove the calliper, the pistons may need pushing back slightly, sometimes they are hard to get out but the do slide back out of the calliper.

Nice one boyz. They are fighting but I'll have a few choice words with em n maybe they'll come round to my way of thinking :thumbup1:

push the pistons in as above and the pads will waggle out.

don't forget to copper grease/slip the rear of the new ones.

right front pads sorted plenty of copper slip applied where needed.

Tard question # 2

Rear pads.... to wind the piston in turn clock wise??

I've been turning it clock wise, its stiff as fook n dunt seem to be moving much??

Thanks for your help lads its much appreciated.

I got stuck with this one too.. You need to wind them whilst applying pressure at the same time, there are winding tools do do the job but I managed it without.

oh pressure I see I've just been winding away with no luck. most calipers I've come accross just need winding. Bloody Renaults eh!

cheers for all your help.

I done the rears yesterday, just give it some pressure and turn clockwise, eventually they will start going back!

I used a g-clamp to apply the pressure. Keep a folded piece of sandpaper between the clamp and the piston. Turn very slowly. This will grip and rotate while applying necessary pressure.

Buy the tool to wind them in, you can do it without it but trust me, your arms, hands, knuckles, wife and children will all thank you for just buying the tool :wink:

Buy the tool to wind them in, you can do it without it but trust me, your arms, hands, knuckles, wife and children will all thank you for just buying the tool :wink:

Amen!

The front pads were no trouble at all, done n dusted in less than 40 minutes but after hours pissing about with the rear pads I can't help but think with the right tool it would have been done in minutes. To quote Robo 'BUY THE TOOL'

thanks to all for the help n advise. Its a breath of fresh air to find a forum with people willing to give genuine advice n help instead of wise ass sarcastic remarks. :thumbup:

Last edited: