Uprated Oil Filter?

Stick with OEM. What do expect to gain from a K&N oil filter? A lot of bikers use them as the bike fitments have a hex end on them so you easily take off with a spanner or socket. Can't see any other benefit.

I hear k and n oil filters have superior oil filtering capabilities and is of a higher quality. If it's like snake oil though, I'll just stick with the standard filter.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi kaz where have you been mate!
I would prefer the the oem either.
Just been off the forums. I don't use my PC much so when the forum was updated, Tapatalk broke, now it seems to be working again! Nice to hear from you mate. [emoji5]

Use OEM the nut on the end of the filter is a bad idea as people over tighten them and the filter outer skin can weaken and split if not at the time then later in use I have seen it first hand in a race environment on two wheels not us but the result was a crash.

Ok maybe irrelevant to original post but I've lost half a stone this month. What's that worth in performance gains? Gotta be cheapest gain in terms of acceleration as eat less & can spend the money I used to spend on food on other stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: ///M and Big Ben
Sorry guys, I'm all up for jokes but I'm attempting to ask a serious question here. I've not said anything about performance gains, I've mentioned superior oil filtering, to make the engine oil a little bit cleaner. If youve not got anything sensible to contribute, then don't reply as I get useless notifications on my phone. Thanks to the ones who have put a serious answer in, much appreciated. I'll stick with standard [emoji2]

hows does the k&n filter achieve superior filtration?

does it have more paper inside?

Ok maybe irrelevant to original post but I've lost half a stone this month. What's that worth in performance gains? Gotta be cheapest gain in terms of acceleration as eat less & can spend the money I used to spend on food on other stuff!

haha only about 0.6bhp tonne! But keep going, I've lost 24.5kg over the last 12 months which makes about 3.8bhp tonne!!

Reactions: Johnny 99
hows does the k&n filter achieve superior filtration?

does it have more paper inside?
No idea, that's what I'm asking, is it worth it? I hear good things but everyone has said stick with standard [emoji2]

Just been off the forums. I don't use my PC much so when the forum was updated, Tapatalk broke, now it seems to be working again! Nice to hear from you mate. [emoji5]

Yeah it is mate
Welcome back[emoji4]

Let me help you here an oil filter is an oil filter the engine is such an expensive item why risk not putting a genuine filter on as for high performance filters your hardly going to need one they don't add any performance you cant see them or can anyone else. My advise would be use genuine oil and genuine filters they do work and if your using the car well outside its upper limits then change them more often. If you use expensive oil and filters then good for you, if you use cheap oil and filters your taking a chance but you can shorten the life of the engine for the sake of less than £10 for the filter. Don't get sucked in with marketing crap.