Uprated / aftermarket clutch

I get myself one from Sachs Race Engineering, when the "Diff thing" hopefully will be sorted out after the autosportshow birmingham...

Costs around 680 quid from the retailer in Germany.

You can even choose between organic & sintered pads :thumbup: But I guess the latter would be too extreme for normal road use...

Edit: got the pricing wrong first time...

Last edited:
So I guess the only way to lighten the flywheel is to skim it down. Lots of lightweight versions for the leggy and 182 but squat for the 197.

You're right - the thing I did with mine...but if you can get a hold of a Helix dealer - ask them about the flywheel.

If you're going to give it to someone - be careful not to light it too much - it could brake and you should get it properly balanced.

Believe it or not, I held one in my hand three days ago (my own one, broken in fact), but that idea didn´t crossed my mind ;/

Believe it or not, I held one in my hand three days ago (my own one, broken in fact), but that idea didn´t crossed my mind ;/

Damn - I had my light weighted - it's now <5kg, but my intelligent father didn't think to weigh the stock flywheel when he sent it...:@! :smiley: