Underpowered - 2006 Clio 197

I have a Clio 197 - 2006 - always been serviced and looked after to a high standard - recently serviced. 75,000 miles.

Always been in my mind to get a re-map. Yesterday a Seat Bocanegra decided to have abit play, empty dual carriageway - side by side - put my foot down and was pretty equal all the way. It still feels fast/healthy and pulling. The 1.4 TFSI - 148bhp are good, but it's happened a with a few fellow cars. Maybe I'm setting my benchmark too high.

What do you guys think, maybe a re-map will reveal all?

Cheers
JAM

They have 180 brake standard, the DSG gearbox would have helped a bit too. I know someone who's got one remapped to 210, can be taken as far as 230 on just a remap I think.

all is not lost.

The thing is all these turbo'd cars can be remapped for very little money to make them faster in a straight line than the clio. Stick the clio on a good road and the chassis will shine through and you'll come out with a much bigger smile on your face than the VAG driver

If it was a Cupra they're quick, don't be ashamed. I was shocked by how quick one was when I tried to catch it in the MPS. I managed it.........eventually!