Unblocked my drainage holes

Matt197

South West Rep
Yeah, I noticed my passenger side drainage hole looked a bit clogged so tried to clear it with out removing the scuttle panel but it was near impossible.

Ended up removing both wiper arms and scuttle panel only to find the driver side drainage hole was fully clogged and was sitting in about 8cm of water, was unsure where the hole was so removed the arch lining as well, what a fun job that was.

Unclogged it all and with a big gush all the water empted getting me nice and wet lol

Moved onto the passenger side and was unable to get a bit on flexible wire down and did not want to make a hole in the rubber tube so I repeated the above, was nice on Renault to make the pipe bendy making it so hard to get anything down :001_rolleyes:

What I did noticed was a black plastic bag in the wing that felt like there was foam inside or something soft, what the hell is it for?? attached a photo lol :huh:

Anyway not a fun job and not one I would like to have to do again.

S7001231.gif

Allot of oil, whats that about? (drivers side behind ache lining)

S7001230.gif

Last edited:
Don't think so, it was black/brown and looks like its run from somewhere, the picture does not show it to well.

I have had my gearbox changed, so dont know if it would be that. But it did have me a bit worried, might just be sloppy workmanship?

Another photo a bit closer this time.

S7001229.gif

Hope its not a stupid question, where is the water outlet? Is it the black bung on the left hand side of the first pic?

Nop, its not show in any of the pictures. Its just a rubber pipe that drops down in behind the arch lining, drivers side has a funny end on it and the passenger side has a flap.

FYI, you don't really need to remove the ache lining for the drivers side, should be able to do it from above as its a straight pipe. Oh and if anyone is reading this and needs to do the same, make sure you buy some clips that hold the lining in place, they are ***** hard to remove and have a tendency to snap.

Last edited:
yrah i done mine today it was like a small lake either side, i also remover the struct covers and dried it all out under there, i got a few tiny rust bubbles under the rear wiper now only noticed today...

Similar Thread Suggestions