Unable to get into my MK3 RS200

197JST

Gold Member
Good morning all,

I thought Id start on here before I started disconnecting anything first.

Last week the battery on my MK3 RS200 died, so I recharged it, fitted it, I could start it and get into it last week, but when I come back to the car to start it, I cant get in, I have no connection from the key fob to car, Ive changed batter on the key fob and Im sure the car battery should have held its charge as the car has only been sat a week.

Im advice on knowing what to best do as a process of illumination and getting in to the car?

Many thanks

Does the alarm have some sort of backup battery? If not, you can open the bonnet and disconnect the battery

I managed to get in & get it started!
It looks like 1 of the key fobs was the problem, after changing batteries around it looks like I only have 1 working key fob.

Any ideas on how I can fix the faulty key fob?

Mine went yesterday both keys did not work new 2025 coin batteries fix it, the big problem was locking the car again put the key in the slot I think the alarm disarmed then. But with the physical emergency key I could not lock the car again.

I don't know but recently I had walked up to the car for keyless entry and it did not unlock a couple of times maybe it's time to keep a couple of 2025 coin batteries new hidden in the car I thought it might have been a flat car battery at the start the only other thing I noticed was snow had packed in under the door handles covering the infrared sensors if that had jammed the unlock computer system I don't know but later on I tried the second key again at it only worked when the battery was changed. But locking the car with the emergency key I pressed the central locking button, but with the door open it locked then unlocked but I now know if you press the dash lock button for 5 sec with the door open when you close it the car should lock when you close the open door.

Last edited:
Reactions: 197JST
I think as annoying as it was at the time, I’ve been able to get into the car & now lock it using my spare key fob, I’d changed the key fob battery first before attempting to unlock and get in.
I thought then I’d try the spare key fob with a new battery and was able to get in using that, but when I changed the battery over to my more used key fob I wasn’t able to unlock / lock the car.
So I definitely think the issue lyes with the fey fob unfortunately as it’s probably more expensive to sort out?