tyre size

Please confirm this.
I am looking for some new tyres for my wifes 197. They are 215/45/17. So I read reviews here and thinking conti 5 or even hankook v12. Then I notice everyone is posting for 225/45/17, Is this size for the 200?

nah mate thats just a size that can be put on the 197 too but ur right the size that should be on the 197 and 200 is 215/45/r17 speed rating w

nah mate thats just a size that can be put on the 197 too but ur right the size that should be on the 197 and 200 is 215/45/r17 speed rating w

Do they look ok with wider tyres on. I would have thaught it protects the wheel more...and grip more.
How does it affect the ride and stearing

Do they look ok with wider tyres on. I would have thaught it protects the wheel more...and grip more.
How does it affect the ride and stearing

Don't forget that by fitting a 225/45 tyre you're also fitting a tyre with a larger rolling radius so the speedo will be out in comparison. Most likely not notice any other difference though can make the tyre look to be bulging slightly oppose to a bit of stretch if you went for a smaller size.

Don't forget that by fitting a 225/45 tyre you're also fitting a tyre with a larger rolling radius so the speedo will be out in comparison. Most likely not notice any other difference though can make the tyre look to be bulging slightly oppose to a bit of stretch if you went for a smaller size.

Both are 45 profile so radius is the same surely

Has anyone tried 215/40/17 's ?

Not heard of many using that profile. In my opinion the side wall will not be enough. It's not good to go to such a low sidewall profile on the 197/200 or plenty of cars for that matter that have a chassis so intent on handling.

If a 40 profile was better it would of come standard with them!