Cup Racer Speedline tyre size

I’ve got 215/45 on mine at them moment.. however make better use of the the 8j and go 235/40

I went with 225/45 on mine, based on the size being cheaper than the 215/45.
On the 7.5j I was running Goodyear’s
But with the speed lines being 8j, I went with Michelin’s on the 225’s. The grip is so much better.
If you were to go a further size up in width then I’d imagine the grip being incredible.
Let us know what you go for.

I went with 225/45 on mine, based on the size being cheaper than the 215/45.
On the 7.5j I was running Goodyear’s
But with the speed lines being 8j, I went with Michelin’s on the 225’s. The grip is so much better.
If you were to go a further size up in width then I’d imagine the grip being incredible.
Let us know what you go for.

So you have the Cup Racer Speedlines? Or are they standard Speedlines? If they are standard ones they're only 7.5J (same as all other Clio wheels on 197 and 200).

I run 225/45/17 on standard Speedlines and I have 20mm spacers and they run fine with no rubbing.

So you have the Cup Racer Speedlines? Or are they standard Speedlines? If they are standard ones they're only 7.5J (same as all other Clio wheels on 197 and 200).

I run 225/45/17 on standard Speedlines and I have 20mm spacers and they run fine with no rubbing.
I’ve got the Cup Racer Speedlines, to my understanding they’re 8j width. I’ve thought about getting spacers but then heard mixed reviews so have decided against it. 541EEDF6-2699-47FB-9020-A8D5F47BF536.jpeg

I’ve got the Cup Racer Speedlines, to my understanding they’re 8j width. I’ve thought about getting spacers but then heard mixed reviews so have decided against it. View attachment 140876

But this is what I'm saying, there are ones that came as an optional extra which are 7.5J then the ones that they actually raced with (magnesium alloy ones) that are 8J (these are of course rarer and more expensive).

Where did you get them from? A way to check properly is look on the back of the wheel at the spoke, each wheel has 7.5J and 8.0J stamped, but then there is an "X" on what width it actually is.

Reactions: Beany
But this is what I'm saying, there are ones that came as an optional extra which are 7.5J then the ones that they actually raced with (magnesium alloy ones) that are 8J (these are of course rarer and more expensive).

Where did you get them from? A way to check properly is look on the back of the wheel at the spoke, each wheel has 7.5J and 8.0J stamped, but then there is an "X" on what width it actually is.
Also the inside is smooth and has no lip on the cup racers
Also pic of the stamp FYI
F84A6E7B-78F7-4443-AE03-CEFE56451C12.jpeg

Reactions: suj
I’ll have to get the wheel off & have another look, i do remember seeing the 7.5 & the 8j markings at the time, so I measured them to check the width due to tyre size. I got them from pure motorsport earlier in the year. I was debating between these & the ultraleggara’s. But with a sale on jumped on the speedlines.

As long as they were measured bead to bead (not inner lip to outer lip) as this is how wheel widths are measured.
If you got them from Pure Motorsport they might well be 8J (of course if they were listed as that).

Sorry not trying to say you're wrong, just so many people have thought they have 8J ones but in reality they have 7.5J ones, stopping you having a shock later down the line.

It’s cool, I find it interesting on all these different variances to be honest & it’s on my mind now so it’s always best to find out.
I wanted the slightly wider wheels & look which is why I went for them in the end.

Reactions: Beany and suj
It’s cool, I find it interesting on all these different variances to be honest & it’s on my mind now so it’s always best to find out.
I wanted the slightly wider wheels & look which is why I went for them in the end.
So for peace of mind I checked and I think you can just make out from the image the 8j17 with the x,

Attachments

• E8304575-1BBE-4910-800A-D3436B16E9DF_1_201_a.jpeg
    E8304575-1BBE-4910-800A-D3436B16E9DF_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: suj and Beany
On my 8Js I went with 225/45/17. On my first 200 I went with the standard 215s but they were a tad stretched.

Turns out the 225s are out of stock now after waiting for days! So will go for the 235s, hopefully wont rub too much

A place I’ve always used as a bench mark to go is Etbtyres.co.uk
I’ve just searched & they have 225 45 R17 stock

I was thinking about replacing my 7.5J's with the Cup Racer 8J.

However, in the past on other cars (S1 Peugeot 106 Rallye) I've experienced rear wheel bearings going when using a 6J rather than standard 5.5J, which then bent the rear beam. I know Clio's don't have the same type of suspension. I'm just thinking about additional stress placed on components.

When using the 8J on the 200 has anyone experienced component stress and additional wear due to the slightly wider wheel?

Or does the 8J just allow the fitting of wider tyres, therefore greater cornering loads/grip and causes no real difference to component / chassis stress?

I was thinking about replacing my 7.5J's with the Cup Racer 8J.

However, in the past on other cars (S1 Peugeot 106 Rallye) I've experienced rear wheel bearings going when using a 6J rather than standard 5.5J, which then bent the rear beam. I know Clio's don't have the same type of suspension. I'm just thinking about additional stress placed on components.

When using the 8J on the 200 has anyone experienced component stress and additional wear due to the slightly wider wheel?

Or does the 8J just allow the fitting of wider tyres, therefore greater cornering loads/grip and causes no real difference to component / chassis stress?
More grip will always result in more stress, but only if you use it. Do you plan to on the limit on every roundabout? Things wear out, that is what happens. The slight width increase may promote this to happen earlier, however I would expect you are hardly likely to notice anything different that what would "normally" happen.