Tyre size help

Hey, I'm on 3mm tread on the back and 2mm on the front,

I'm on standard 17inch wheels with 215/45 tyres, I'm gonna be lowering on H&R springs soon and getting the wheel spacers, I've been nosying around on here and noticed people have gone for a 225 tyre because it looks better, would the 225/45/17 be fine lowered with spacers? Will it affect much in the way car drives or anything.

Thanks,
Dan.

The spacers will have a far bigger impact on the way the car drives than the slightly wider tyres. I run 225 tyres and the only negative is that they seem to tramline a touch more. Nothing major but just a small bit.

Depends on the size of spacers and which springs you go for.

I presume you are on std alloys in which case if you went for the H&R springs and a 20 mm spacer then with 225/45/17's you would probably experience some rubbing of the tyre.

When mine was lowered on springs with std alloys it was ok with 225's but as soon as I put the higher of set alloys on (same as putting 20 mm spacers) they rubbed like mad. Going back to 215's solved this.

Didn't really have much chance to push them but scrubbed in a bit more now. Will give them a try on the way to work in the morn. I did go round a roundabout and they dug in really well, quite surprised me actually!

What at pressures did you run for day to day [MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION]?