Tyre Options and how long will they last

Ok, interested to know how long the tyres below would last for, if any of you have a rough idea. Love the look of R888's for example, but as I use my car everyday, I wouldn't want to replace them every week!

Toyo R888's -
Toyo R1R's -
Yoko Parada Spec 2's -
Yoko A048's -

At the moment I'm probably going to go with Toyo T1R's as I've had them on other cars and they were great.

R888 last no time at all 4mm tread depth in summer u will go through a set per track day driving hard. Oh another note they grip like nothing ive ever fealt.

Toyo r1r seem grippy but not as sticky as 888. 6 mm tread depth. Noise is less than 888's but its somethin u have to put up to?

Yokos i have no experience of

Yoko AO48 are good, even in the rain, though dodgy if you hit standing water :smile:

I'm going for Bridgestone RE070 next on the clio - i have 3 sets on the Evo 6 and they grip like hell and have super stiff side walls for good turn in and feed back. Do not confuse with ordinary tires, they arent quite as grippy as semi-slicks but the longer life span makes up for up it. Perfect for a fast road car, only available 225/45x17 though!

I wouldn't bother with 888 et al on the road. They won't last long and grip dependent on conditions ie heat and rain. They're fine in the wet if they're warm but can't cope with standing water. I only use these on track.

Prada 2s OK in tbe dry but are crap in the wet.

I ran RE070s on my Impreza and loved them. I will be putting these on mine once the Conti 3s have expired. £100 a corner which I think is a bargain. They lasted well, good on road and track and clear standing water better than the semi slicks.

Sidewalls can be too soft on most road tyres, so you damage them eventually. Other problems too, like overheating and block wobble. Nitrogen helps lots with this. None of this you'll get on the road I'd have thought.

Have tracked on PS2s and they took it quite well, especially as it was a heavy car.

In short, you'd be wasting your money running semi-slicks as a daily, get a good summer sport tyre.

Last edited:
Toyo R888,

I kept track of mileage with my first set as I wanted to know the same thing. They lasted 4838 miles to be precise :lol:

This was with trackdays and drving to and from the track. One trip being from Glasgow to Oulton Park.

They were swaped at roughly 2500miles ( left on the right and vice versa ) with them being directional to try and get some more life out of them, Knockhill gives the front left a very hard time. Always swaped back to front between trackdays.

I can comment to say I got through a set of front parada spec 2's in 13k
Woody can confirm the rears still had plenty left.
I thought they were very good tyres in the dry and no where near as bad as people say in the wet.
They also did well in the snow last year ;-)
I have had contis that lasted 18k
Paradas 13k
And am using hankook v12s now.
Have to say I think the contis are the best all round worth it over the others? Erm probably not!