Tuners BHP figures...

Old debate and I know it shouldn't matter but Tuners BHP figures are soooo different. Before I get a physics lesson, I understand that there are many factors that influence this but some are quoting up to 15-20bhp difference after a remap. Surely not. I must admit if your paying your hard earned, surely you want to know its accurate....Mine mapped at one Tuner 206bhp before remap and at RS tuning 191bhp. I knew RS Tuning was the most realistic and accurate. Yes you can use the same tuner\rollers after any work but this only gives you one view.

Last edited:
Highly unlikely on an n/a car. Renault have already got it up from 172 to 197 with millions of developement. No quick fix to improve on that.

Lets also highlight , that a number of 197's with old oem/un-updatted software suffer from air/fuel ratio being wrong a certain points not all but a big number , Jamsport and k-tek have said the same thing , so depending on your cars running ie if things are as they should be 5bhp would be normall if there not and things are uneven like me and a few others you can have higher gains.

How many 197's on here have been on a dyno and had 197bhp ? non ..

We all know all manufacturers figures are 'manufactured' (excuse the pun). The magic figure was around 200bhp for fast hatches, and 225bhp for Megs, ST's. GTI's, VXR's and others. Now its 250bhp. Its all about sales and bragging rights. I'm not clever enough to understand the technical reasons of the why's and why nots, just know that there are some big differences in what tuners are claiming at times....I should say, this is not to cast dispersions on any tuner on this scene cause it is a general issue.

Last edited:
We all know all manufacturers figures are 'manufactured' (excuse the pun). The magic figure was around 200bhp for fast hatches, and 225bhp for Megs, ST's. GTI's, VXR's and others.H ow its 250bhp. Its all about sales and bragging rights. I'm not clever enough to understand the why's and why nots, just know that there are some big differences in what tuners are claiming at times....

I exceeded what tuners estimated power , depends what your after , if you want quicker power and torque cams your next option , I also had my car down minisport 214.8 bhp in padiham , last dyno was 210 bhp , thats the sort of ball part figure your going to get , i can notice a massive and i mean massive difference in my power delivery and topened speed.

I exceeded what tuners estimated power , depends what your after , if you want quicker power and torque cams your next option , I also had my car down minisport 214.8 bhp in padiham , last dyno was 210 bhp , thats the sort of ball part figure your going to get , i can notice a massive and i mean massive difference in my power delivery and topened speed.

TBH, was making reference to anything specific. Well proven on here and I remember Mikes post about his schricks. It was more about general figures being quoted and how different (sometimes by quite a lot) from one tuner to another.....some of us are interested in if I do (a) for (£) = bhp. Maybe its more about how the car feels than the accurancy of the figure?

Last edited:
Ohh i know mate way i look at it my cams cost 700 rest is what i would have paid for a cambelt change , im happy that i had them and tbh feels so much better now , if your not sure research more but my headsup is that its bang on !

Ohh i know mate way i look at it my cams cost 700 rest is what i would have paid for a cambelt change , im happy that i had them and tbh feels so much better now , if your not sure research more but my headsup is that its bang on !

I'm sure your right and I'm waiting for my invite to be taken out in it.....lol