Tropical Fish Tanks

Paul

Platinum Member
So who has them and what should I look out for.

I have been thinking of getting a tank for years - even before I got my own place - and I am going to take the plunge.

Been to the local garden centre today and they have a 100cm tank and stand for £200 with pump, filter, heater, etc to match, which I think is a really good deal.

Any pics of your setups would be appreciated.

Also advice on what to stock it with.....

I'll root some piks out of my old tropical tank we had one for 5 years before we lost most of our fish so we went with a marine tank which we stil have.

Tanks not a bad price shop around though as you'd be surprised :smile:

Best advice is dont over populate the tank and take your time bit by bit.

Had a 200 gallon marine tank up till 6 mths ago.go marine they are so much better

Noob question then....

What is the difference? Salinity??? If I got a marine one then how hard are Clown Fish to keep, I wonder...

Noob question then....

What is the difference? Salinity??? If I got a marine one then how hard are Clown Fish to keep, I wonder...

Clown fish are so eas to keep mate I managed to breed them
The best thing to do is speak to your local marine fish stockest
Or go on the web.once you start you will be amazed how easy it is when I feel better I will find some pics of what mine used to look like

Only just checked back in on this...

We have 6 koi here that we need a home for, will they fit ?!? Lol :wink:

LMAO!!! Er maybe if I squeeze them in enough.... :wink: Might have to remove the tails so they fit, but that will be fine won't it!?!?!? :huh:

So we ended up getting a male Siamese Fighting Fish just like this bad boy - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_EaX87-HKnV0/S_v1qsB2_EI/AAAAAAAAAA0/JO_DJLEWnEg/s400/Betta_Fish.jpg - OMG they are brilliant! Got him a 13l tank and a few plants to hide in etc. It is really quite a cool fish. You are supposed to pop a mirror next to their tank for 10 mins every day or so, it allows them to release their anger and he fights his reflection! Puffing out his fins and going nuts!

LOL no, couldn't find a yellow one, was either blue or red.

I want a yellow one now!