Trim Dressing

james_h

Platinum Member
Up until now I've been using back to black, silicone sprays etc for the matt black trim on the outside of the car... however I know this is pants.

Any idea's what is out there and it better - needs to be really easy to apply as I'm lazy when it comes to detailing.

Autoglym is what i use goes on well and last for a fair bit of time

i havn't actually got a bottle myself but used my friends one quite a lot on my previous Corsa and it worked great, protected the engine bay as well so it ticks a lot of boxes for me

I used to use autoglym bumper care but did not like how dust stuck to it.

I now use meguiars trim detailer, i like it but i find i end up with black streaks off my mirrors after it's rained a lot.

I'll carry on until the bottles empty though and try something else.:thumbsup:

We sell Dodo Juice Fantastic Plastic. It's a satin trim sealant, so it leaves a very nice satin finish and has very good durability. It also doesn't run like many trim dressings do, and it's super-easy to use (simply spray on and buff off).

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/gtechniq-c4-permanent-trim-restorer/prod_851.html

Quality stuff. Expensive for what it is but you don't have to keep applying it. Perfect for all plastics,I even used it on my rubber.

Thanks mate

Autoglym is what i use goes on well and last for a fair bit of time

Cheers Roy - is that in a bottle - what's that like to apply??

Cheers mate will check it out.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/chemical-guys-new-look-trim-gel/prod_143.html

Ive just used this about 2weeks back and make the trim look new and great on the tyres.

Ah I remember this - I thin detailing guru Russ pointed this out for tyres. Whats it like to apply - is the finish shiny as that's what I'm after ideally..

We sell Dodo Juice Fantastic Plastic. It's a satin trim sealant, so it leaves a very nice satin finish and has very good durability. It also doesn't run like many trim dressings do, and it's super-easy to use (simply spray on and buff off).

Thanks - I will take a look - although I do prefer a gloss finish.

It is mate and all you do is put it on with a MF or a brush and it doesn't run just put on evenly and leave if you want leave it for 10 mins and do again:thumbsup:

Ah I remember this - I thin detailing guru Russ pointed this out for tyres. Whats it like to apply - is the finish shiny as that's what I'm after ideally..

good to apply you only need a tad on a pad,1 coat is realy shiny but a second is even better.well worth the money as this will last for ages on the car to:thumbsup:

i use chemical guys wet look trim :tongueout: its good stuff

543010_10151763798510023_674719151_n.jpg

this is one quick coat apparently two is even better

i use it on the tyres and trim but only got picture of tyres, but be warned not to do it on the drive :worried: = mess

It is mate and all you do is put it on with a MF or a brush and it doesn't run just put on evenly and leave if you want leave it for 10 mins and do again:thumbsup:

Cheers Roy

I got this:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/carpro-perl-coat-protectant-500ml/prod_932.html

Lasts ages and leaves a nice finish too on both trim and tyres.

Will take a look cheers.

This looks the business!

good to apply you only need a tad on a pad,1 coat is realy shiny but a second is even better.well worth the money as this will last for ages on the car to:thumbsup:

Cheers buddy

i use chemical guys wet look trim :tongueout: its good stuff

this is one quick coat apparently two is even better

i use it on the tyres and trim but only got picture of tyres, but be warned not to do it on the drive :worried: = mess

Thanks mate - that does look good.

Poor boys natural is amazing for all your black trim externally and internally :smile:

Any links for where to get this from?? any ideas on price? Thanks