Tried vinyl wrapping, see pics. Any advice?

Gonna take them all out to re do. Any tips ?

This took me about 5 hours, I really struggled with the bend around the centre console, couldn't do it at all.

Cut out circles also hard.

a7ymagep.jpg

8avu3aba.jpg

9ysume4y.jpg

u8a3u2us.jpg

2ute3edu.jpg

6yjuqa7u.jpg

take them all off and do it at home..i used my cooker to heat the vinyl up..take ur time and u will be rewarded...
30032014214.jpg
30032014213-1.jpg
30032014210-1.jpg

Any tips for the centre console that was the hardest, couldn't carry on round without creases after the front.

yours looks good though

Probably need to use a bigger sheet for the centre console, having a piece just big enough isn't big enough if that makes sense, also did you remove the trim before wrapping or do it in-situ?

Just read it properly haha seems like you left them in, which is really hard to do, all the trim pieces are really easy to remove, also don't stretch coloured vinyl too far as it will become thin and you'll seethe colour of the trim underneath :/

Last edited:
No I did remove everything but I just found it really hard around the curve of the centre console.

I understand what you mean about using a bigger section, I thought that when doing it so ill try this next time.

Where did you start smoothing from? the front main bit where the dials are?

Crikey!!!! Did you use a heat gun or apply it cold. The quality of the wrap is also key. If it's cheap you will end up with a poor job. If you are not competent at these sort of things it's cheaper in long run to get it done professionally. My mate does it as his job every day and even he admits on tight corners and radii eventually it will lift

Never used this stuff before either, does it stick on with glue or what?

Would like a go also cos pavs look awesome.

believe or not but i got the vinyl from ebay..quite cheap..around £10 delivered..i did it over my cooker at home...when doing it like this u will have both hands free to get in the corners..plus u dont damage the plastic with too much heat..

80% of mine was good but I knew it would take a good few attempts to get perfect.

I used a hairdryer, pretty good one though it burned my hands if you held it over for too long. but the down side is you need one hand to hold it.