Trial Fitted - Thoughts

MarcB

Paid Member
So received the spoiler and thought I would trial fit it.
Some masking tape rolled back on itself was enough just to hold it in place while I managed some pictures.

No matter how you look at it its one minute its dark and then the next its light, The colour of the spoiler changes and matches the car from one angle and then from the next its totally off and different.

IMG_3105.JPGIMG_3106.JPGIMG_3107.JPGIMG_3108.JPGIMG_3109.JPGIMG_3110.JPG

I had same one on my R27 (came with it) but I really didn't like it too much, I didn't hate it either, I really wanted a sprint spoiler.

Reactions: Sean197
@suj I just don't want to be drilling holes so some good clamps, tiger seal and double sided tape.

Yeah I don't blame you, especially if you're on the fence, tiger seal and clamped in is plenty, I have used it on many cars before, comes off fine with a caramel wheel.
So worst case you don't like it, take it off down the line.

It'll never be a 100% match, as it's from a different car with differing paint weathering/oxidisation etc, unless you have it blended in to the surrounding paintwork. That would essentially mean having the roof, tailgate, and possibly the top of the rear quarters painted which is way OTT for a 50quid spoiler. LY is particularly tricky to match/blend apparently.

My thoughts: Aftermarket crap that doesn't belongs to the car. I know that's harsh but you asked, sorry. Besides that it doesn't even looks good.

I think that @MarcB will see the colour difference every time you look at it but no one else will notice it. Your car will look different to the Clios with cup spoilers to make it more unique.

There is 100s of people say it looks cheap and looks like it’s a knock off from wish.

What do I do, pay silly money for a cup spoiler that I don’t really like and have to drill my newish tailgate or fit a painted spoiler that’s not too bad and is genuine that can be removed if and when needed.

I’m not going to be a sheep so f**k the haters:tearsofjoy: