TRD Griffon GT86

Just read through the article on Speedhunters and thought I'd post it up on here for any non-speedhunters readers.

I have to say I'm really impressed with how much enthusiasm Toyota have shown the new GT86. I always thought it might have been just another car to stick in the lineup, but seeing the guys at TRD (and Gazoo) going out there and really developing the car and trying to bring a lot of these parts to market really makes me want in on some RWD GT86 action!!

Some of the carbon fibre nuts around here might also like some of the obsessive little details on the car.

I WILL own one of these.

TRD-Griffon-17.jpg

TRD-Griffon-01.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/02/trd-griffon-concept-the-ultimate-tuned-eight-six/

That looks great rob, like all the carbon bits.

Went past a subaru dealer today and they had their version outside, £28k it was :bat:

You'd think with the partnership between Toyota and Scooby would mean its a reasonable price.

£25 is far too high an asking price for them really.

It said on top gear last week (i think) the deal is subaru can only sell 1 for every 10 toyotas in this counrty.

Yeah I'm with you on the asking price, way too high really. I had heard they were aiming for ~20-21k originally to bridge the gap between the small hatches and the big ones. That would have made it a very reasonably priced sports car. But the £ lost its arse in value and so the price just kept rising. They're really cheap in the states and not too bad in Japan, but that's chuff all use to us.

Luckily a 5year warranty means I can pick one up of some middle aged woman in two years time and still have 3years left :drool::bounce1:

Picking up my orange GT86 this week! Saved myself a bit by buying a second hand one with 2700 miles on it.

Its got the optional heated seats and the rest is standard. Got insurance sorted today and its cheaper than the clio! Paying for itself already :wink:

Its got the optional heated seats and the rest is standard. Got insurance sorted today and its cheaper than the clio! Paying for itself already :wink:

Buys 20k+ car, saves a couple of ££ on insurance... claims the car pays for itself.

Man logic, don't you just love it. :smiley:

28k list price is quite high, I wonder what sort of discount you will get off that with some bartering, I imagine when they eventually being out the turbo version it's going to be 30k +

Thanks guys.

drivethedeal is quoting 22400 for a new one with no options. They are already dropping under 20k second hand, most with options.

Cheers Robo, I think there's got to be a good amount of man maths used in the purchase of any non sensible car! I've been keeping an eye on these for a looooong time so I've had plenty of time to justify it with man maths :tongueout:

Thanks guys.

drivethedeal is quoting 22400 for a new one with no options. They are already dropping under 20k second hand, most with options.

Cheers Robo, I think there's got to be a good amount of man maths used in the purchase of any non sensible car! I've been keeping an eye on these for a looooong time so I've had plenty of time to justify it with man maths :tongueout:

You and me both, but no amount of Man maths seems to be improving my bank balance :smiley:. I'm still curious when they'll bring out the proper TRD/STI versions and what sort of performance they'll be.

Yeah it will be interesting indeed. Saw an article saying Toyota were working on a hybrid version. How exciting, I'm sure everyone would love that more than extra power.

If they don't bring out a decent 250+bhp TRD/STI version they've fallen at the last hurdle IMO, forget the hybrid, forget the soft top (soon to be launched) . Give petrol heads the car we've all been craving!!

At least there's a LOT of aftermarket stuff turning up for them :smile: