Track rod ends!

Discussion in 'Clio 197 Area' started by Mez, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Mez

Mez Gold Member

Car:
    Clio 197
    Hello, wondering if anyone can help? I got my track rod ends replaced recently but it wasn't quite right so I took the car back to the garage to check it. They told me that when the replaced them the sleeves out of the hubs were welded to the track rod ends but they didn't realise and threw them away. The problem is now that they cant find these hub sleeves anywhere. Can anyone help!?!?

2. Foxspeed

Foxspeed "the new red baron" Moderator

Car:
    megane trophy 300edc
    i wouldnt use them again....sounds like cowboy error that for a "garage"

Mez, suj and lewishunter98 like this.
  3. suj

suj Paid Member

Car:
    Nimbus Grey 197
    This! So they clearly didn't test drive the car afterwards as it would have been pretty obvious something was up.
    Also "welded to the trackrod ends" is another lie, as they do get stuck (as they'll get pushed on tighter over time) but if they threw them away, they just changed them without checking.

Foxspeed likes this.
  4. Andyyox

Andyyox Paid Member

Car:
    Yea they're Definetly not welded on . Corroded on maybe as aluminium and steel but never not got them off with either heat or a ball joint splitter and hammer

Like above its bad that they didn't notice how loose the new ones fit into the hub without the hat/sleeve

5. Mez

Mez Gold Member

Car:
    Clio 197
    Thank you everyone, the garage fitted the parts from the link above and it's all good now.

Foxspeed and suj like this.