Track rod ends... sided?

bigsid

Paid Member
A while back I replaced the track rod ends on my 197. It’s been in the garage since over the winter. Just took it out, full lock coming off the drive and I get crunchy, clonky, scraping noises. Not good. Stopped, with car on full lock track rod end is making contact with the inner rim of the wheel and the noise was it dragging across the wheel balance weights.

Now I’m wondering are these parts left and right hand sided? If they are I may have fitted them back to front, if not... I’m stumped.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks suj

Ah... crap I did have the inner ones off too and I’m sure I put the spacers in, but it was a while back and you’ve now planted the seed of doubt [emoji28]

• Haha
Reactions: suj
Haha sorry mate, just a few people haven't put them on, you probably have, you could check relatively easily (well minus the boot).
Only downside is I've never seen anyone who sell them separately, so hopefully you did or you have them still!

Yeah fingers crossed. I’ll check and swap the ends first and if that fixes the full lock problem I’ll leave it at that.

Reactions: suj