Track Only Car Suspension

Yeah Madeno seem like the boys for these cars! The stage 1-5 kits are re-valved 'fancy' B14's, but the BMR kit uses different inserts on the front and an entierly different rear shock I believe - is that correct John re: the BMR kit??

Hi All,

I am about to make an order with Madeno. This is what I am ordering...

[FONT=&amp]Ialso can offer you an alternative solution for BMR14 Stage 1. this isbasicly the BMR14 Stage 1 performed[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]withnew designed non-adjustable steel topmounts equipped with sphericalbearings and designed by us to add more Camber & Caster!! [/FONT]
(morecost effective solution with increased Caster comparing the normaladjustable top-mounts)
[FONT=&amp]thesekit will be also supplied with increased linear front springs instead of thebasic progressive ones.[/FONT]
completeprice fitted and rear axle geometry setup included € 2140.00 excl.VAT ( € 2590.00 )

This price includes shimming up my rear beam, full corner weight and fitting.

Would anyone else be interested in this kit? Its going to be cheaper without fitting?

So to recap the kit would consist of

Bilstein Coilover kit (custom valved with longer stroke, heavier linear front springs)
Solid topmounts (non adjustable) with added castor and camber.

If anyone wants I will get a price for the kit alone delivered to the UK.

Hi All,

I am about to make an order with Madeno. This is what I am ordering...

[FONT=&amp]Ialso can offer you an alternative solution for BMR14 Stage 1. this isbasicly the BMR14 Stage 1 performed[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]withnew designed non-adjustable steel topmounts equipped with sphericalbearings and designed by us to add more Camber & Caster!! [/FONT]
(morecost effective solution with increased Caster comparing the normaladjustable top-mounts)
[FONT=&amp]thesekit will be also supplied with increased linear front springs instead of thebasic progressive ones.[/FONT]
completeprice fitted and rear axle geometry setup included € 2140.00 excl.VAT ( € 2590.00 )

This price includes shimming up my rear beam, full corner weight and fitting.

Would anyone else be interested in this kit? Its going to be cheaper without fitting?

So to recap the kit would consist of

Bilstein Coilover kit (custom valved with longer stroke, heavier linear front springs)
Solid topmounts (non adjustable) with added castor and camber.

If anyone wants I will get a price for the kit alone delivered to the UK.

If you had it based on stg 4 you'd get linear rear springs too yeah? Also steel top mounts?? Would prefer AST's or Compbrakes I reckon.

Hi All,

Had a price back for anyone that may be interested. Kit is as follows.

Base B14 Kit.

Strip dampers, replace inserts for those with longer stroke and custom valving.
Replace front springs with Stiffer linear springs.
Solid top-mounts with added camber/castor with spherical bearings.

Pricewithout fitting (kit price) € 1590.00 excl. VAT (€ 1923.00 VAT incuded)
shippingcosts to UK € 55.00
totalcosts € 1978.00 shipping and VAT included (1447.39 GBP)

John.

Last edited:
Just ordered a custom Bilstein kit from Leo @ Madeno, needed to keep to hillclimb production rules so I can run in a reasonable class at Gurston next year. Was very helpful, would recommend!

What topmounts would you pair up with a Blistein B14 kit? What's the choice available? Sorry if I'm asking something already said, I'm just a bit of a noob when it comes to cars!

I went for the full Clubsport kit essentially, but without the spherical top mounts as I can't use them in the class I want to do. Went for adjustable bump and rebound also so I can at least change a few things when the weather plays up!

Not sure on topmount availability, best to speak to the people selling them. Also depends on the age of your car.

I went for the full Clubsport kit essentially, but without the spherical top mounts as I can't use them in the class I want to do. Went for adjustable bump and rebound also so I can at least change a few things when the weather plays up!

Not sure on topmount availability, best to speak to the people selling them. Also depends on the age of your car.

How much if You don't mind me asking. Could You paste a photo of the kit? Thx

€4000 is a lot for a kit which isn't a coilover rear, or if it is you have fallen foul of keeping it legit for Production Road Going classes at Gurston. - To stay within those rules you need to keep original spring and damper locations.

Last edited:
Coilovers rear only have a threaded body plus something to locate the springs so hardly warrant much more cost than an inboard setup.. I don't think it's much really to get something bespoke to suit the regs, whilst also being fully adjustable. I'll let you know once I've tried em!

My car is going in this week to have its suspension fitted! I got sent some pics last night of the progress so far, safe to say I can't wait to test it!!! Here's some pics...

WSKLQfi.png

I went for their suggested valving for the Nurbergring. They have Clio Cup cars pounding round in the VLN, racing with Porsche Caymans! I'm hoping this will be a good all round setup.

Dyno testing!

ZmS8whb.jpg

jX0SJZA.jpg

Completed with the new steel topmounts!

G1KNX2g.jpg

G1KNX2g.jpg

0oxcAwn.jpg

And about those topmounts, I was a little worried that I was going to be one of the first using the steel topmounts, steel just sounds wrong. I'm really impressed, they only weight 47g more than the alloy ones. They have 1 degree of extra caster more camber gain and they use the same upper spring perch but 15mm lower which means more damper stroke too! Really happy!

L36UjEg.png

g0WEyRb.png

Cant wait to get it all setup and take it out on track! I know people think these dampers are a lot of money, but the only thing that is standard B14 is the damper body.

Very nice bit of kit!!

Heres me just hacking round on b14s with adjustbe top mounts. Poverty spec hahahahaha

I doubt there will be a HUGE difference. Its just bespoke. Good thing is, if I decide to upgrade or change the valving, I just go back and they rebuild it to a new spec.