Track day tyres

The perennial favourite is the R888, I know that they aren't to everyones taste as they are bit hardcore. I would personally get the Toyo R1R they look immense and should be almost as good as the 888. I know there are several guys on here running semi slicks so Im sure you will get a more accurate reflection from them!

R888s were great, when they were cheap. Now there's better for the same money.

I've got A048s at the minute, which are pretty good. Same grip as R888s but they don't go greasy if you're being ham fisted and messing about. Stiffer sidewall too.

I've also used:
Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. Best tyre I've ever used & I like the fact you can rotate them.
Dunlop DZ02/3Gs which are amazing and last twice as long as R888s.
Kumho V70As, great bargain tyre.

Lastly, and left field, the Federal RSRs are getting a lot of love and they're dirt cheap.

I've seen a video of a clio around the ring with the federals on - car was going really well 8)

I've ran Yoko AO48 which were very good, the dunlops DZ02/2 are better though.

A very good tire is the the Bridgestone RE070 - standard equipment on the Impreza STi and for a reason - i've had three sets of these and for £100 a tire are great value, i plan to fit these to the Clio next, only come in 225/45x17 though.

Full slicks on track are a blast, been through several sets, both Michelin and Dunlop, some organisers though wont let you run them unless you have a full cage :smile: