Track day tyre pressures

What pressures do people use for track days I'm currently using nitrogen to pump my tyres up with. Atm I have front at 33 rear at 30 any help would be much appreciated

I had mine last track day -

Drivers side front 27 rear 29
Passanger side front 25 rear 28

Checked with laser temp gauage and had even heat temps across the tyre is what try aim for.

Best just dropping few psi out all of them, go do afew laps. Come in and get tyre pressure gauge on them to see what they are running at. Always remember though passanger side tyres will usally do a lot more work so they will get hotter and have higher psi as rule of thumb

Reactions: papa
Always remember though passanger side tyres will usally do a lot more work so they will get hotter and have higher psi as rule of thumb

Surely this depends on the direction of the track?

On a mainly right handed track then yes the FL will take most of the loading, but if it's mainly left handed, then the FR will work the hardest.

I start at 26 all round.

Head out, do 10 mins but take it easy as as the cars character will be totally different till the pressures get up.

Come in and check them, Ideally I try and have at hot pressure of F:33 R:29

Its all very tyre dependant, you shouldnt run pressures too low on normal road tyres as you just end up rolling over on the side wall. If anything just try to maintain the correct hot psi range you would for the road.

It's been discussed a lot of the forum previously, best thing to do is keep checking the pressures and take a pump. OR just leave them as you would for the road and try to not do more than a few fast laps at a time.

I run mine at 36 all round. I know this sounds high, but the side walls dont end up mullered and the handling seems fine, possibly a little loose at the back.