Track day mods on a daily driver?

So long as the brakes hold out the car is fine as is.
Sticky tyres ruin the driver input & playful nature of the car, also 'when' it lets go you will be travelling rather quick :smiley:
Too many spend a fortune on 'modding' without realising what they have to start with.
The car is more talented than most drivers :wink:

Suspension mods (for me) are more about changing the feel/balance than trying to go faster. With coilovers people often feels there's loads more grip, but there really isn't. Car weighs the same and has the same cOntact patches! Lack of pitch/roll just alters the feel an awful lot, and gives more confidence.

So a lower centre of gravity, less roll, more camber, caster, toe etc etc that can be had with a decent suspension setup will add no extra grip..... because the tyres are the same width and the car weighs the same..... hmmmmm, cant say i agree with that.... at all!

So long as the brakes hold out the car is fine as is.
Sticky tyres ruin the driver input & playful nature of the car, also 'when' it lets go you will be travelling rather quick :smiley:
Too many spend a fortune on 'modding' without realising what they have to start with.
The car is more talented than most drivers :wink:

Lol very untrue. I used to out talent my car all the time just got too much in the end but wow what a car whoever gets mine will get a beaut no doubt about it.

Modding, its a disease.

You struggle to get it out of your system.

I found this thread as i was looking for information on the cup cages, i'm buying a cup next month and have been looking at cars roughly about 08 and 25.000 miles, around £8k but have come across a damaged one and now thinking about stripped out, cage seats suspension etc.

I've done this with my Alfa 145, took over 200kgs out of it but it's a bit too much on the road, absolutly ace on the track, what i did it for but was ready for a change and have some comfort, i'm not getting any younger, or so i thought.

It makes me laugh, all the reports of the cup suspension being 'too harsh' for the road, the handfull of cups i've taken for test drives i've allways thought 'this is quite luxurious' :thumbsup:

good topic this .

I have to say after having 300bhp and 350 flbs car stripped and harnesses fixed buckets etc

for the now im done with the track car for road. On the track the VXR was crazy fastest car on track on many track days and i really grew into it as a driver till i was driving it to being honet probally more than you should on a track day in terms of 100%

but i was just endless spending £1000's a month to run upgrade replace and fix it was getting too much to bear,

i had no plans to mod the clio thus buying a brand new one however something more might be nice even 1000 miles in , looking at exhaust options atm and think that and a diff will do for the now .

SC later :smiley: then it will be a forced to be reconed with however having a friend who is junior touring car driver who also has a silverstone edition clio 200 and i can assure you with him behind the wheel even in standard for the cars are amazing

Yeh he traded in his stage 4 Nissan GTR for a Clio 200 :smile:

and belive me in anything road or track he is rappid so smooth on track its megga