Track Car Kill Switch

av4625

Paid Member
Hi, I got a 6 pole kill switch for the Clio and I was wondering what wire people break to cut the engine when they turn the switch?

I found the fuse in the box to the right under the bonnet if you are standing at the front of the car looking in for the ignition coils. If you pull this fuse when it is running the car will stop. Sadly these fuses are into a printed circuit and I can't find which wire coming out of the box is for that fuse.

Any other handy handy people use for kill switches to stop the car? Preferably in the car so I don't have to try and bring it through the fire wall.

Thanks!

Don't go drilling holes through good parts I have a 197 Clio breaking no body panels as such or drivers side front wing stuff but and engine and gearbox should be a 003 but I need to get it into a better location to take the stuff off it.

Reactions: av4625
Don't go drilling holes through good parts I have a 197 Clio breaking no body panels as such or drivers side front wing stuff but and engine and gearbox should be a 003 but I need to get it into a better location to take the stuff off it.

What colour is it?
For the kill switch, i read somewhere that in with the fuses under the steering wheel to the left there is one relay and it is for the ignition. If you break the earth going to that it should do the trick

Following this! I’m unsure about the wiring in the car, searched VISU for some wiring diagrams but still in a doubt tbh.103F62B6-ACFB-4655-9289-B90E19B7507F.jpeg

Following this! I’m unsure about the wiring in the car, searched VISU for some wiring diagrams but still in a doubt tbh.View attachment 141779

I have the bottom four bits of that switch wired up, its just the top two. Gonna look into the relay by the steering wheel. The fuse I mentioned in the engine bay does work but I can’t wire it neatly with it being a PCB.

I have the bottom four bits of that switch wired up, its just the top two. Gonna look into the relay by the steering wheel. The fuse I mentioned in the engine bay does work but I can’t wire it neatly with it being a PCB.

The “ignition switch” will probably be the easiest way to take one of the cables on the ignition key. The other one I gonna take a look in VISU. If I find something I’ll let you know.

Reactions: av4625