Toyosport exhaust on 197

Quite a few people have had the system fitted, I presume its the one with a straight pipe from the manifold back, where it meets up with two small back boxes.

I can tell you that it will be loud/very loud, drone like hell on the motorway, set off car/bike alarms too. However it sounds great on full chat and even around town. Plus the pops and bangs don't sound half bad either imo.

Word of warning however, don't throw away your old system in case you find the toyosport one too loud.

Reactions: Frank Perry
Has anyone ever tried to keep the cat on a toyo system e.g. by cutting the OE exhaust at same point and slip the Toyo one over? I doubt they're the same OD pipe but figured someone might know... Also, does a full Toyo exhaust system pass the emissions test on MOT?? Cheers :thumb:

I have the toyo system with the standard manifold, it removes the second cat if I'm not mistaken...

Sound wise - I prefer loud and this ticks that box nicely. Pops and bangs are semi-frequent on shifts etc and like DS197 mentioned, sounds nice on full throttle.

Quality - I would say it's great for the price, it's not 100% perfection, but it does what it's meant to do.

Looks - I prefer the toyo slip-on tips that are provided, they give the rear a nice look and if you keep them polished, they will last a while!

I am currently in the midst of getting a remap (using fatship's RSTuner) as you will notice a flat spot at 2.5 - 3k rpm. I think this is the same on most 197's with an aftermarket exhaust system, though.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Reactions: DS197
No issues with MOT emissions test with only the primary cat and secondary decat.

Sorry to bring a not so new thread back, but rather this than making a new one talking about the same thing.

I am after an exhaust, however I am looking only at a backbox and leaving all cats and silencers in place.... as @link was talking above has anyone actually tried to slip over the toyosport exhaust over the OE one??

133A2C3C-7394-4DC5-8235-A79894A8F9A8.jpeg
This is where I am thinking about joining the exhausts to ensure it is not too loud. However, I am not too sure that OD is the same - Toyo states that the OD for the pipe is 2.5”

Any ideas? Really want to get an exhaust this week as I have managed to rebuild my front brakes and this is the last thing left to do.

I would go for it and test, if it doesnt fit then you can always get a local garage to weld it together.

The pipe you want to connect fits over a 2.5", i dont know the size of the OE exhaust but if that part is 2.5" then youll be fine. If not, use the toyo centre section up to the second cat and see if the OE exhaust will fit inside the centre section and use a U clamp?

Managed to get this Toyosports system for £150! I have fitted it, as it was (i.e no silencer and the secondary cat). Sounds great, not too loud but can be loud! Feels great to drive, but... flat spot of death.

The diameter for the system is too large to be fitted over the OE mid pipe. However, it is doable and I am considering in doing it.

Just to update, I fitted the OE mid pipe back on leaving only the toyosports back box - so much better. The sound was getting too loud and annoying to be fair.