Top rated 197 tyres

evo tyre test ... http://www.evo.co.uk/features/18309/the-best-tyres-2016-evo-tyre-test

remember, those tests are always a compromise. in the results you'll see that the michelin pilot super sport is the best in the dry, but ends up only sixth overall. so tyre choice depends a bit on how and when you use your car.
Exactly! This is why the test is good as you are given the info to determine which tyre suits your usage & driving style. Most of us drive in both dry & wet conditions in the UK so a good all rounder makes sense.

Eagle F1 ASY 3s are what I have now but I won't be going for them next time round. They're good, but not as good as I thought they'd be

Reactions: Pav
What you thinking of replacing them with bud?
I'm not sure yet mate, especially as the tyres aren't that worn yet (had them for less than a year) but i'll probably get two sets of tyres, one for dry weather that can double as a track day tyre, and one set for the wet/greasy winters.

Reactions: Dystant
exactly my thoughts..but that's how you find out..to see fot yourself you must try diff tyres on your own car...
Couldn't agree more Pav. Online reviews can only tell you so much. Tyres preferences are exactly that, preferences. What works for one person may not work for another. They're not bad tyres by any means but i'd like to try something else when the time comes.

Reactions: Jimmy and Pav
Contisport contact 5s for me. Also they are highly rated in the Evo magazine tyre test which is good enough for me.

They were No1 last year (?) in the 17" category.

Now rated second - losing out extremely narrowly on performance and also i think marked down for road noise and rolling resistance.

So not THE top choice - but still an extremely capable tyre.

Im running Conti 5XL's with the stiffer sidewall. Toss up if i go for the same or the Goodyears next time around. I might stick with what i know and am very happy with. Enough grip and utterly predictable for my use.........

Reactions: Johnny 99
I ended up choosing the Bridgestone Turanza T001. I don't really know what it compares to and not sure why I chose them! Might have had my sensible hat on that day...
Seem absolutely fine though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let me ease your pain as this has been covered 10 thousand times on the forum.

1. Decide if you want semi slick or normal
2. Decide on any top branded tyre - goodyear, continental, michelin, dunlop etc....
3. Look at which is the best tyre from that brand in your budget
4. Buy as you wont be disappointed and certainly wont be the only one with them on on this forum!

Reactions: Jimmy and ///M
Let me ease your pain as this has been covered 10 thousand times on the forum.

1. Decide if you want semi slick or normal
2. Decide on any top branded tyre - goodyear, continental, michelin, dunlop etc....
3. Look at which is the best tyre from that brand in your budget
4. Buy as you wont be disappointed and certainly wont be the only one with them on on this forum!
1. I like a good semi
2. Dunlop on my van are crap
I've always used Goodyear on it before and will go back next time but they aren't impressive on the rocket ship scenic
3. Budget isn't an issue, being in a ditch on a dark dodgy Cornish road is.lol
4. Don't really have an answer for that!

I read a lot of reviews and went with a set of Yokohama Advan Sport V105. They keep coming in the top 3 in Evo's tyre tests, rated highly in the wet (and let's face it, we live in the UK, it's wet here a lot) and do very well in the dry. They took about 250 miles to scrub in during the cold and wet weather in January and February but now I highly rate them.

I'd happily buy them again and at just £87 a corner at my local for 215/45/17s I was pleased with the change I had out of my £400 budget.

So are ad08 road useable?
They are, but possibly not the best in the wet. However I have spoken to people who use them that are happy with the wet weather performance. I guess it depends how hard push or on your driving style. I'm tempted by Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres but they aren't supposed to be the best in the wet. Whatever you get there's a compromise somewhere.

Ye
They are, but possibly not the best in the wet. However I have spoken to people who use them that are happy with the wet weather performance. I guess it depends how hard push or on your driving style. I'm tempted by Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres but they aren't supposed to be the best in the wet. Whatever you get there's a compromise somewhere.
yes guess everything is a compromise. Will put them all in a hat!

Reactions: Johnny 99