Tool To Fit Coilovers

Sorry - I'm sure this info is already out there, but what tools do I need to to fit coilovers to a clio 197?

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's undoing the top mounts I'm unsure about. I know it can be done with a swan neck spanner and Allen key, but I don't know what size I need for the clio. Apparently they are tricky, and might not budge without a impact wrench.

It's advised never to use impact wrenches on shock absorbers. Swan neck and allen key will be fine. Mine came apart fine after 65k miles of use.

Top tip - loosen the top mounts whilst the Clio is on the deck, that way you won't need any special tools whilst the front is in the air.

its in here http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?44591-How-to-change-front-shock-spring-top-mount

"With the shock clear of the car I rearranged the spring compressors to give even pressure on the spring for removing the top-mount, the easiest way to remove the nut is to use an impact gun although this method works better if the shock is still attached to the car, I just used a 6mm Allen key attachment thingy (pretty sure that's what it's called) and a 18mm spanner."

You MAY be able to get away without a swan neck if you do what I said and crack the top mount nuts off with the Clio on the ground. I say may, as its worked sometimes and not other times.