200: Today's task - Touch Up!

RossWoods93

Cuckmeister General
Platinum Member
Might have remember me a couple of weeks back asking for touch up stick for LY after a "minor incident"... well after a painful hard search I'm hoping this'll do the job! (Can't believe you can't get LY touch up via Renault, it's only 4 years old!!!)

Spending most of today touching this nasty little chip, laying it up every half hour or so...

fedafc4ed1a6674f90fd342e70799c9a.jpg

The other half managed to trap the buckle of her coat between the door and bodywork when shutting the door, literally couldn't believe it! Managed to remain calm but on the inside I was gutted (bodywork OCD overload!!) A one in a million thing to do though!

Anyway, I've touched it up a few layers so far with this stuff and it's doing a cracking job so far! Going to take time to layer it up but hopefully it'll be worth it and strong enough to stick!

757256beebbcbeeb8df9d93dff2fba79.jpg

That's a very unlucky thing to happen to damage the paint Ross! Hopefully the touch-up paint will do the trick - sounds good so far! Keep us posted :smile:

Very unlucky, but it could be worse! Had to tell myself "these things happen!"

Layered it up pretty well, and the colour match is bang on (for those that need LY I recommend!)

Taking it to my cousin next weekend once it's all set hard to sand it down and smoothen it off, I don't trust myself with that part!

Last edited:
Has he sorted out the colour match? I got some liquid yellow touch up from Dan when he first started doing them but it was more orange than yellow.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIQUID-YELL...-UP-KIT-30ML-182-CUP-/141204997886?nav=SEARCH

I bought the one above, I'm guessing it's the same as the Amazon link. It's a really good match to the extent where the glitter shows (hope that last sentence makes sense!)

Not yet finished Chris, couldn't do it all on Saturday due to the pissing rain, I've built up the layers the only thing that needs to be done is sanded down and smoothed out (leaving that to my cousin he's meticulous with bodywork!!)
I can provide a picture of its current state later, already looks loads better before I've smoothed it out!

cd10d16d7b40e7e250a3c9c36ce52e84.jpg10b35d72683367b97fa5a83aedb757a3.jpg

This is the current state (hopefully it'll give you an indication of the colour match though!)

Obviously a little rough but once it's sanded down and smoothed it'll blend in quite well! Happy so far with it though!

That looks like he's sorted the colour right out!

I'll try and post a pic of the original pot when I get home.

I think I'll have to get another pot!