To Recaro or Not to Recaro?

Personally If i was gonna spend the money those Recaro's cost I'd get the Bride Gias sport or even the Sparco R700(Alcantara).

Having read through all the woes about the Recaro's Quality and the fact you can get them cheaper than Renault sell them for, as their only the Sportster CS although suppose having Renaultsport stitched in is worth the extra hundred or so :wink: plus you can get custom seat mounts to the ones Renault fit so get around issue of them being to high

I have Recaros in my 200. The main issue is wear and tear, which I've hopefully addressed with a leather upgrade. I don't find my seat to high, I can wear a helmet and not touch the roof. But the passenger seat which is not height adjustable is difficult to get in and out of. They're not called nut crackers for nothing...

I don't have them, but I got my car when I was getting my baby boy in and out of the back so didn't want to scratch them, and decided that standard seats were fine. However, I would spec them now from new, but I'd have them in half leather and alcantara, ok it's costly, but they'd look better and wear better

Looks better. Feels better and holds you more Only downfall is on the bottom side support where it wears away really easy. Ive had mine 1 1/2 years and its worn down already

Recaros all the way

Really comfortable and when you wipping it round country lanes it keeps you firmly in position to concentrate on driving instead of up against the window with a sore face

RV

IMO Recaros are a desirable option...they're not needed though.

In my standard chairs not once have I ever been up against the window with a sore face, nor have I ever felt them lacking in support.

Position is good, comfort is good, height is good, and on my first outing around Goodwood in standard seats in over 5 years (having continually pounded around the circuit in my bucket seat/harness equipped 172 Cup) I didn't once even give a thought to my driving position/support.

Standard seats work. The end.

They just don't look as good as the Recaros :worried:

i go from a ek civic where i have to look over the wheel to see, to my clio with recaros and obviously there higher but its easy to get used to they are soo comfortable and supportive, almost as good as the cobra suzukas in the civic

100% must have option

but.......

ive just clocked over 10,000 miles in 18 months and the wear is appearing, the fabric is getting fluffy on the base bolster thats the only problem

if the car wasnt on the 2 year lease thing i probably would have "adjusted" the mounts down to get a better position lol there acres of room under them

In a nut shell:

I don't have Recaros.

I've driven a a 197 and a 200 with them.

I wish I had them...

Wish I had them too but I don't see the point in having them when they are hidden under seat covers. Corsa vxr seats are the same, find a smashed one of these and buy subframes. I would much preffer a nice set of wheels and coilovers over seats, the standards are so comfy and supportive as they are

I really couldn't live without mine. Comfiest and most supportive seats I have been in. Ever.

Imo, buying one without the Recaros is like buying half the car. IMo, they make the drab interior so so much more bearable.

Wasnt meant to affend, its just how I feel. The cup interior is pretty bland and without the Recaros would be unbearable.