To 5 or not to 5

I pick up my 5 tomorrow having had an iphone 4 for 2 years. A big point not yet mentioned is 4G. Orange will release their tarrifs at the end of the month and you will need a new sim that supports 4G. Orange have confirmed I can change to a 4G contract for no charge when it is released which is why I get the phone tomorrow.

4G will change everything, not the iphone 5. That is I hope 4G lives up to the hype!!!!

its the spectrum allocation that's holding everything up for LTE/4G. Our tests have gone very well and the demand of the mobile user has definitely shifted in the last 12mths especially with the demand for faster mobile data and handsets with larger memory capacity.

I have finally bitten the bullet and to be honest it's a bit of an unexpected twist.

I have ordered the HTC 8X windows phone 8. :S bit of a crazy one I know but I had a good solid play with one and just fell in love (it made me realise how after 2 years I wanted something different from IOS).

So we'll see how it goes. It's a 2 year contract so it better be good but it's 15 quid cheaper than the cheapest iPhone 5 tariff an I get 2GB of data a month. I know the app side is a little scarce but hopefully that will change. Oh well! Should be getting it this week so I'll give everyone my 48 hour tried and tested opinion then.

Had it for a couple of weeks now and I've got to say its brilliant. The live tiles feature is excellent, the UI is great and the fact that i can finally drag and drop music and videos instead of having to sync in itunes all the feckin time is a bonus in itself.

However, i would say that the app store is lacking a certain maturity compared to the likes of android and iOS, with many developers just recreating rss feed applications time after time. Hopefully this will change. I think in 6 months windows phone should look to be more of a contender.

I'm with 3 on my I-phone 4 and pretty much always get signal wherever I am in the country, sometimes dip out in cornwall area and scotland but most of the time I can always get out. The internet service is very good on 3G too :smile:
Mines due an upgrade this month but I'm not sure whether to go 4s or 5, whats the 5 got that the 4s doesn't and is it a good upgrade from the 4. I don't like the shape of the 5 as much as the old 4 series but I suppose it could grow on me, opinions?
Maybe inwardnoise could advise me a little here :tongueout:

We tried 3 but has no signal in our house. Cancelling with them was a major headache. Indian dudes basically making stuff up.

Anyway. Really liking our 5s at the mo, though unless there's some major updates to IOS next time round, I can see me at least giving the Samsung S3 or its updated model next time round.