To 5 or not to 5

I am currently using a 3GS and am on a sim only contract (having come out of my contract a few months ago). I kind of want the iPhone 5, now the cheapest (without handset charge) is Vodafone through phones for you at 42/month unlimited mins/texts and 2gb data.

Now I pay 20.50 now for a gb and 600 mins. Is it worth it? Over the two years I'll be paying £529 more which is slightly less than getting finance on a 5 but the tariff will be better. What are the views? Bearing in mind that I jailbreak my phone at the moment! For developer purposes :wink:.

Any views would be appreciated :smile:

I got the 3GS and for £20.50 for 500 text 600 mins and unlimited web and it would double to £42.I say balls to that when the 3 does all I need it to do

You'll definitely see a big performance jump from 3GS to 5.

We bought the handsets outright from Apple unlocked and stuck witha 1 month rolling sim only deal. Means we can always be on the best deal, though O2's 12 month simplicity plan is very very tempting.

Go for it.

I've always found something missing from the 3GS....the speed to keep up with what I want to do, when I want(quite an impatient man). Will the 5 do this?

Although you do have a valid argument there Roy!

Cough... Galaxy III.... Cough Cheaper, faster, more features, cough, cough

I know what your saying there but get this... My missus has the Galaxy S3 and therefore by default I can not get the same phone. Some of you out there may be phone couples but unfortunately sir, I am not!

Next best thing please!

I know what your saying there but get this... My missus has the Galaxy S3 and therefore by default I can not get the same phone. Some of you out there may be phone couples but unfortunately sir, I am not!

Next best thing please!

Lol, that is a good enough reason.. I always laugh when I see couples wearing the same coat or same style top

I'm in the same situation but have a 4. I'm a total Apple Nerd, but just haven't decided what to do.. What's o2's Simplicity plan?

Stuff voda go with us @ 3

Our one plan- 2000 mins 5000 texts 5000 3 to 3 and all you can eat data (no limit data) plus tethering for free, £36 a month £79 one off so works out cheaper over 24 month period

We also have a larger stock avalibility than any other network :smile:

Our one plan- 2000 mins 5000 texts 5000 3 to 3 and all you can eat data (no limit data) plus tethering for free, £36 a month £79 one off so works out cheaper over 24 month period

Mmm there are some deals with 3 at the moment but I wrote them off pretty quickly. What's their coverage like? Was with them a few years ago and it was ok but nothing compared to the likes of O2. Although with travelling a lot tethering to my laptop would be really useful :S. decisions....decisions!

We cover 95% full 3G nip into your three store and ask them to service check your area, not to blow out own trumpet but we have more iPhone users than any other network

We cover 95% full 3G nip into your three store and ask them to service check your area, not to blow out own trumpet but we have more iPhone users than any other network

We tried 3 but got NO SERVICE inside our house. I was gutted.

I upgraded from the 4 and noticed a massive difference in speed, my 4 is so sluggish and slow now, i just use it as a "going out phone" so I don't end up losing my 5.

Because nobody buys 3 :tongueout:

Has anyone had any experience travelling with 3? If I was to go with 3 it would be based on the fact that I could tether my laptop when wifi wasn't available (or was a rip off)

Plus I travel on the train a lot, now I'm not expecting miracles but something a bit better than only getting signal/3G in major cities would be good.

I upgraded from the 4 and noticed a massive difference in speed, my 4 is so sluggish and slow now, i just use it as a "going out phone" so I don't end up losing my 5.

Because nobody buys 3 :tongueout:
Try the apposite mate :wink:
Has anyone had any experience travelling with 3? If I was to go with 3 it would be based on the fact that I could tether my laptop when wifi wasn't available (or was a rip off)

Plus I travel on the train a lot, now I'm not expecting miracles but something a bit better than only getting signal/3G in major cities would be good.

From what I'm told off customers that travel is the most of the time signal is fine we don't say we're perfect as we aren't buy neither are any other network but it'd be good if you can find out any info off someone else on 3

I'm due for an upgrade, I'm having the iphone 4 at the moment and I'm still undecided whether to go for the 5 or not...there is nothing special about it that's the problem and it's too expensive. I love apple products but these marketing tricks they've been doing for so long have started doing my head in...

The step from 3 to 4 was a big one no arguments there but with the last one? Painted aluminium that can easily be scratched, the same for the back, same retina display (which is good but not the best in the market apparently) ageing OS (I've been using iphones since 2007 and it feels like I'm using the same phone for the past 5 years lol) and very high price tag? Hm....

Good point, I've had an iPhone for nearly 2 years now so I guess you could say that I'm still in the honey moon period with it all lol. If I had a 4 or 4S I probably wouldn't consider the 5 if I'm honest.

Although coming from a 3GS and paying just a couple of quid more than I would for the 4S to get the 5 I think I might as well go for it.