Tl04 003 vs 031

Hello i will be changing gearbox on my clio 197 im planing puting in tl04 003 from or gearbox from 200rs 031 which shoud be better performance wise on track or hillclimb i know 200 has slightly shorter 1-3 gears but longer 5 6 is there even noticable difference?

I've actually combined the two, fitting 1-3 from an 031 into my 003 as well as a Final Drive from an 021. I race Hillclimb so I know why you're doing it. I think its made a difference but is now quite short for road use.

Reactions: RSRowe
Oh yeah, absolutely. I had a lightweight flywheel fitted at the same time and it flies through the gears now compared to before. I've had to rethink gears and shift points (what was third is now fourth etc) on the hills though but it's now feeling more natural

I've actually combined the two, fitting 1-3 from an 031 into my 003 as well as a Final Drive from an 021. I race Hillclimb so I know why you're doing it. I think its made a difference but is now quite short for road use.
Hello ive now bought 031 gearbox which has shorter 1-3 gear because im no mechanic which parts i have to buy to put 5-6gear from 003 gearbox so all gear woud be shorter like you did

You need to search for the Renault technical note 6019A. That shows you everything you need to know, including instructions.
You are doing it slightly different to me in that I kept my 003 and fitted 1-3 from an 031 as well as final drive from an 021. I didn't build my box, I had it done for me by Rentune.

Similar Thread Suggestions