Tips on spraying my alloys black

some scoch pads com in handy for rubbing doing, and use a small bucket of water for ur wet and dry, 1200 id use,

first id get the tyres off the wheels, and the weights,

then wash the wheels down with a wheel cleaner, give them a good scrub up in the inside, stay away from anying with silicones in it, as it messes up the paint.

rinse off with a degreaser and then set to with rubbing them down, make sure you have keyed up the surface of the wheels so the primer can get a good hold.

once ur happy with the wheels and are ready for primer, clean the wheels with pannel wipe, and stand them in a way in so you can paint as much of the wheel as possible. a few light coats of primer to see how it gose on, or have a try on carboard first, you can save time buy drying inbetween coats and help the process if ur painting in a cold garage or shed hot air gun works wonders.

id do the primer and then leave it a day, before doing the gloss,
just remember 90 percent of painting is in prep.

iam no painter or pannel beater but hope this helps a bit.

Personally i wouldnt.

A freind did this last year and he's extremely gifted at these things and they look a mess already from stone chips. You cant get the paint on thick enough from a spray can IMO and the paint is pants.

Obviously if your doing it on a tight budget thats one thing, but I would get them powder coated. Really thick really shiney and will last for aaaages!

y not buy my second set of wheels and sparay them if all goes wrong then it dsent mater id give you a good price if you collected

Don't bother lol, far too much heartache to achieve a good finish. Rattle cans will never give a hard/durable finish either

Personally i wouldnt.

A freind did this last year and he's extremely gifted at these things and they look a mess already from stone chips. You cant get the paint on thick enough from a spray can IMO and the paint is pants.

Obviously if your doing it on a tight budget thats one thing, but I would get them powder coated. Really thick really shiney and will last for aaaages!

i agree if you want em to last, powder coat them, but since uv bought the paint and that, no harm in trying.

i'd try pritchards suggestion - get a second set of wheels to try first.
i must have painted 30+ wheels since i was about 12/13 and i'd like to add that you can get an excellent finish with rattle cans (happy to post a pic of my efforts if people think otherwise) but as said in one of the first replies, nearly all of the finish will come from patient, quality prep work. and i really cannot emphasise enough not to rush each layer in the slightest. it took me at least 8 or 12 wheels to realise my mistakes....