Throttle Jam

Guys and Guys,

Had quite a few scary moments on the motorway yesterday . . . the throttle kept jamming open on the 197!!!

Foot was off the accelerator and the revs went straight to max and wouldnt stop until i turned the engine off!!!

It did this three times! I wasnt even driving it hard, I had the family in the car with me!! Lucky I didnt panic and kept it under conrol to stop!

Any ideas wat this could be?

if the vacuum pipes on the inlet manifold are not on properly this could cause the revs to increase. just an idea im sure someone more knowledgeable will be on soon to help you further ! but you best bet is to get it to renault if you are still in warrenty

Yeh am still under warranty, have got it booked in tomorrow first thing!
Need it sorting before the FCS this weekend!

either that or a faulty throttle body. jamming open. sounds very scary

Id go with what woody has said myself an go for the throttle body stickin.

Id get under te bonnet an check the vacuum pipes, an open the throttle body by hand a few times to see if it sticks open or feels rough or like its grindin a lil when movin between open an closed. If all seems ok, id go to the stealers mate

wouldnt be vacuum pipes as the inlet would its presssure and cut out not rev itself, have you got carpets without the clips on. cause ive reved mine the once and it got jammed under the carpet

I had a crack in the small black unit on the manifold just after throttle body, diaphragm sensor or something. This caused the car to rev as you described ( air leak ).

Cheers for your ideas guys!
Ry, its deffo not the carpets ive got authentique rs matts and they dont move around!
Will find out in the morning wat the stealers say!