Throttle body

Does using v power fuel help keep this and other engine components free from gunk build up? Says it contains a detergent?

Does using v power fuel help keep this and other engine components free from gunk build up? Says it contains a detergent?

that's only fuel lines/injectors etc

the throttle bodies get dirty from the crankcase breather system recirculating blow-bye gases back in to the engine hence the oily and black carbon build up

Cleaned mine today, wasn't too bad but definitely dirtied up a clean cloth. Had to do it attached to the car, couldn't get the electrical connection off and I didn't want to be brutal with it and break it. Hate those things

Me too. Which is why pics show it still in engine bay.

I gave the clip a go. Failed. Studied it. Tried again. Failed. Realised i'd break something if i carried on - so left well alone and cleaned in-situ...........

Cleaned mine today, wasn't too bad but definitely dirtied up a clean cloth. Had to do it attached to the car, couldn't get the electrical connection off and I didn't want to be brutal with it and break it. Hate those things

Same here mate, I couldn't figure it out! Just looked like it was all one connection.

Just worth to mention
The manual workshop suggest ( more like super recommend as *must even) to replace the t.b seal every clean