This is sad, but...

This is a sad indictment of my relationship with the Clio but...took it in for its 36k service this morning in Macclesfield and the dealership gave me a diesel Fiesta courtesy car. Now I have always had an irrational dislike of Fords, matched only by my entirely rational dislike of Vauxhalls.

BUT, I thought it was more fun to drive on the way back to work than the Clio!;/

Steering was so much sharper and quicker. Feels like you’re steering a container ship sometimes in the Clio, having to wind the tiller round. Fiesta barely required any input, just an ever so slight turn of the wheel. Probably was going as quick in the Fiesta as I would’ve in the Clio but requiring a lot less effort.

I'm beginning to wonder whether the bumming that evo give the 200 is actually more down to the quicker rack than the piffling increase in low down torque.

lol,

i couldnt fault my old Fiesta ST at all, i thought it handled great,

i know the one you have is a deisel but still a good little car.

there is a 130bhp rs1600 coming out this year but its basically a rebadged zetec s with 15bhp more

you can get the standard Fez with the Mountune upgrade which is pretty good tbh, and you get to keep the warranty as well.

there is a 130bhp rs1600 coming out this year but its basically a rebadged zetec s with 15bhp more

..we have Fiestas as pool cars at work and they are great to drive and handle well....yes the steering is effortless, but is is lacking in feeling really....

I was hoping for much more out of the Fiesta RS. I think the car above is the ST version? Fiesta RS is to be 180+ turbo charged affair I thought and scheduled for 2012....lets hope so...how else would it compete in the hot hatch market.....

well sorted chassis and styling for that matter on the new fiesta !

so tempted by a zetec tdci 1.6...

mazda 2 is also a good motor given its "dna" :thumbsup:

As said on many occasions...take the clio for what it is. New evo mag write up says it all. Like most cars (even the most expensive) have good and bad points in some way. The 200 steering is better than the 197 which can feel a little detached but as package its absolutely brill. I'm in my 40's and had lots of sporty stuff. Last car was 300bhp supercharged bm, but can't remember a car that after 3 months still enjoy driving......

It's not the lack of feel I'm bemoaning though (that's another gripe). It's that even a boggo diesel Fiesta has a quicker rack.

I used to be the first to spring to the defence of the 197, especially post 200, but I'm increasingly coming to the view that it's missing in crucial areas. Mainly the steering.

Not defending it, just everythings relative. If it wasn't the rack, it would be something else. No car made to man, can meets all our individual needs....

bit like women.........:coffee:

LOL, come to mention it, the clio is my new mistress.....

Secretly spend money on her....
Love being in her company...
She rides me hard and fast......
Wonder what my life would be like without her it it...
In summer, gonna spend some dirty weekends away with her...

I'm a very sick man that needs to put down the crack pipe....lol

Similar Thread Suggestions