Thinking of moving to a Trophy

Good mate. Sorry you won't be living that one down for quite some time yet Lee :tongueout:
I will never live that one down fella! I cringe when I think about it. Since that day I have wanted sensors again, not enjoyed the car as much since. Weird I know

I will never live that one down fella! I cringe when I think about it. Since that day I have wanted sensors again, not enjoyed the car as much since. Weird I know

Not weird mate - I hit a deer in my old fiesta zetec s - got it all sorted but never felt the same. Still to this day (4+ years later) worry when I pass that same spot in the morning..

A couple of pics of the new Trophy. All taken on my phone so not the best.

I must say it's such a nice car to drive. I didn't think it would differ too much from the 200t but I have been very very surprised. It's definitely, shall we say spunkier.

Attachments

• IMG_1525.JPG
    IMG_1525.JPG
    564.9 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Gus and Chris
Thanks chaps. Not opened it up too many times yet as the book says get 600 miles done first for running in. I'm at about 450, so after the next 150 and fingers crossed some better weather I'll take it for a "sensible" hoon around the Yorkshire Dales.

Firstly, my mechanical knowledge is mostly built up of things of read on this forum so forgive any parts I get wrong. The throttle response seems quite a bit perkier, I found in the Monitor that it defaulted to a Snow setting on the pedal set up, I changed that this evening and felt a noticeable difference. This time around I have leather interior too which I love. They are dead comfy and I quite like to toast my rear end on these cold mornings with the heating option.

Obviously the power difference is noticeable, but I'm a sucker for snazzy lights. Oh my word the light on this are a complete winner in my opinion. They are so much brighter and give the car a great look ( a little more aggressive I think). I think they corner too but that could be my imagination. Nice touches are the wing mirrors automatically going in/out when you leave or open up the car. It's these little things they really could have done with on the 200t for me. Don't get me wrong I loved the 200t a lot compared to the 172 and the 200 I have owned but this feels like the car I always wanted it to be.

The exhaust is pretty sweet to by the way. Sings pretty sweet on some gear changes and generally feels a little louder in Normal mode.

My old man often asks if I want a bigger car but I tell him this one fits in my garage just nice and is an absolute pleasure to drive.

DSC_0006.JPG _20170216_202803.JPG
Thanks chaps. Not opened it up too many times yet as the book says get 600 miles done first for running in. I'm at about 450, so after the next 150 and fingers crossed some better weather I'll take it for a "sensible" hoon around the Yorkshire Dales.

Firstly, my mechanical knowledge is mostly built up of things of read on this forum so forgive any parts I get wrong. The throttle response seems quite a bit perkier, I found in the Monitor that it defaulted to a Snow setting on the pedal set up, I changed that this evening and felt a noticeable difference. This time around I have leather interior too which I love. They are dead comfy and I quite like to toast my rear end on these cold mornings with the heating option.

Obviously the power difference is noticeable, but I'm a sucker for snazzy lights. Oh my word the light on this are a complete winner in my opinion. They are so much brighter and give the car a great look ( a little more aggressive I think). I think they corner too but that could be my imagination. Nice touches are the wing mirrors automatically going in/out when you leave or open up the car. It's these little things they really could have done with on the 200t for me. Don't get me wrong I loved the 200t a lot compared to the 172 and the 200 I have owned but this feels like the car I always wanted it to be.

The exhaust is pretty sweet to by the way. Sings pretty sweet on some gear changes and generally feels a little louder in Normal mode.

My old man often asks if I want a bigger car but I tell him this one fits in my garage just nice and is an absolute pleasure to drive.

Attachments

• _20170216_202803.JPG
    _20170216_202803.JPG
    757.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: Leeg320
I'd not thought to check the power steering too! Good tip.

I'll have to have a play through set up in the monitor. Seems a bit like a video game to me, once I have navigated the menus a few times i'll know how I'd like to play.

nutnutwelshman I'd also noticed your phone being nearly out of battery before 9am!!?? Sort it out. :excited:
Probably on a Sat morning after work sorry but I let it run dead a weekends

They are fantastic to drive but iam a slow old man but iam sure your get more out of it than me @Leeg320
I doubt you are as 'slow' as you say you are buddy. You've tracked yours numerous times by the looks of things, something that I am yet to do.

I must admit seeing your post of having a blast in your trophy probably started this thread.

I doubt you are as 'slow' as you say you are buddy. You've tracked yours numerous times by the looks of things, something that I am yet to do.

I must admit seeing your post of having a blast in your trophy probably started this thread.
For me and this is my 11th RS is the best out the box car I've had on track or off