Thinking of joining the forces

Hi guys,

Probably Random to put this in here but after some impartial advise from people with some experience of being in the forces. I have been thinking of it for a long time now but a couple of things have stopped me. I still need to confirm I can join for medical reason but it is something that's always been at the back of my mind and I don't want to be a bloody estate agent for the rest if my life!

I'm looking specifically at joining the rifles or paratroopers and progress through to hopefully the Special forces.

I know the obvious things like I could get shot ect but any other advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Elliott

Well I'm an out an out army brat my dad did 26 years in 2 para was rsm my mum was a se argent in the red caps my eldest brother did 18 years green Howard's and
my other brother did 22 in 42 marines I did 9 years in the rct , was born in buller barracks , the army is awesome but and yes big but not what you want to go in , there is dozens of professional courses that you can do , being in the paras your nothing but a grunt , same as the rifles , the rct what I was in wasn't really much better tbh , try and look at things like reme or the air corp etc etc something that will stand you in better stead for when u come out ??? As for wanting to go in the sas ?? Err ok I know people who have my farther for one , it's a very very hard thing to get into , my brother was sbs , like
wise same sort of thing , but being able to shoot some one from 1 km away is all
well and good , but not much call for
that on civvy street , if you have ya heart set on it go for it , yes at times it can be **** yes at times a pain , but great memory's great friends and great times will be had by yourself . And get a good posting ( getting harder to do ) you won't want to come back . Best of luck fella

Thanks for your input guys. After speaking to a Few others the common answer is don't go for infantry as where do you go after you finish. I'm going to look more into the royal engineers and get into a trade which will give me something to got to after.

Yes engineers mate , nothing wrong with them , I came out and all I had was a class 1 licence and a
lot of plant machinery , well yes that's ok but there is thousands of
people with them
qualifications and neither plant work , or
truck driving is great

join the Army in intelligence then learn Arabic and join MI5 or SIS when you leave.

Failing that join the RAF, avoid being cannon fodder and maintain private jets when you leave for **** loads of cash

I know a few lads that's gone from army to raf. Reason being is the army get treated like children, bull**** for bull**** sake. So if you can handle that then do it. Joining the forces in today's age is the best thing you can do IMO. I'm in the raf so if you want to know anything, I'll try to help

Thanks mate! I know it will take some getting used to but I'm used to being talk to like **** I'm my current job, at least I expect it in the Army. I think there will be allot of options depending on the avenue I got down.

Just got my medical questionnaire through so will get that filled out this weekend! Fingers crossed there are no problems.

Learn how to iron, sew to perfection now then basic training if its anything like the raf will be a breeze.