Thinking about becoming a new member...

So I think my suspicions have been confirmed in you fine chaps... I'm going to have to either buy a Clio with a 225 engine already in... Or get the bits & pieces required to do it...? :tongueout:anic:

Anyone looked at at tha Cat C Clio 225 for sale from RSV for £6K?

So I think my suspicions have been confirmed in you fine chaps... I'm going to have to either buy a Clio with a 225 engine already in... Or get the bits & pieces required to do it...? :tongueout:anic:

Anyone looked at at tha Cat C Clio 225 for sale from RSV for £6K?

Hi Steve, that car is being sold by my mate Glenn - I've not been in it but rest assured it will have been done properly as Glenn does everything right first time.

That's a cracking looking collection you have right there. I've not driven any of those but came to own my 200 from a stock 280bhp Astra J VXR and I would say that you'd miss the turbo. This car is simply superb in terms of handling and has plenty of useable power on the road (if driven hard) but it doesn't deliver peak power until 5400rpm so, as you can imagine, it needs the arsed revved out of it to get the most out of it. So, in short, I'd prescribe one that's been "Meg'd" for you.

I'm sorry, but bad guy incoming.

Those that think the 5 GTT will be faster on track are... confused? There's 20 years of chassis dev and a lot more rubber. GTT is 140 BHP per ton, 197 is 150 BHP per ton.

A fully stripped 197 with decent suspension/geometry and a good set of rubber will carry an awful lot of speed around a race track.

I'm sorry, but bad guy incoming.

Those that think the 5 GTT will be faster on track are... confused? There's 20 years of chassis dev and a lot more rubber. GTT is 140 BHP per ton, 197 is 150 BHP per ton.

A fully stripped 197 with decent suspension/geometry and a good set of rubber will carry an awful lot of speed around a race track.[/QUOTE
Nobody takes a GTT on track with a standard engine Setup though!

You hit the nail on the head with the meg vs clio hence why people swap the engines in the clio. Best of both!

There is no difference between the 197 200 that is worth forking thst much money out over. Imo if I could go back I'd get a better spec 197.

Can't answer your last question but I'm sure someone will be along soon

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk